The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, dumpweed said:

Shankland will get 5k max a week if going to England and when I say max, I'd be amazed if he got that.

Not suggesting he's a bad player (far from it) but why would a club pay more when they know the player would accept 8x his current salary.

Depends on the size of the club and the regard they have for the player.

There will be youth players at Swansea and Sunderland picking up 5k a week.

They will have a wage structure in place that will prevent a first team player being paid less than a youth player.

On 11/12/2018 at 03:33, dumpweed said:

Shankland will get 5k max a week if going to England and when I say max, I'd be amazed if he got that.

Not suggesting he's a bad player (far from it) but why would a club pay more when they know the player would accept 8x his current salary.

Because that would be the going rate.

Steph McMillan was earning £5k a week at Wigan well over a decade ago.

A wee add on, I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if Shankland is only on £600 a week at Ayr, 8x his current salary would probably take him up to the higher figure mentioned.

Edited by ayrmad

2 minutes ago, Naeleftfit said:

I would think the average wage at Ayr is somewhere around £600 pw so any move to England would significantly increase their wage.

Shankland will earn what he's worth when he leaves, his wage at Ayr will have no bearing on what he earns when he leaves, it is only the ugly sisters that can entice fans to play for less than they're worth.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wouldn't be so sure. £40K a month is a shitload of money for an unproven player (at the presumably higher level he'll end up).

I have no idea how much he's on just now but I expect even 4 or 5K a week would be a significant improvement on what he's on.

I am certain the figure banded around was over £10k and that I fully believe due to source 

Firmly believe we can go all the way now,  earlier in the season against Ross Co and Falkirk when we went 2 down we just thought it was acceptable for this to happen and for us to lose such games. But the mindset of this team is unreal and they came away from Dingwall disappointed at losing 2-1 then to turn the Falkirk game into a victory is a great measure of where we are.

Who can stop us?

Liam Smith is an interesting one - by all accounts one of if not the best full back in the league last season for a title winning team, yet signed for Ayr on a free transfer so can't have had many bigger offers - having a great season in this league without grabbing all the scoring headlines maybe does still keep a player under the radar.   Same again for the likes of him and Rose would be lovely.

38 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Here's the answer straight from the chairmans mouthScreenshot_20181211_122222_com.twitter.android.jpg

Never in  doubt. 

We're in it to win it.

Edited by ayrmad

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Here's the answer straight from the chairmans mouthScreenshot_20181211_122222_com.twitter.android.jpg

Cameron is simply reconfirming what he said in August.  The club are not interested in cashing in.  As has been said over and over and over again, it will be down to what Shankland wants to do.

Was just thinking about that Airdrie fan who reported the club to Lord Lyon and initiated the new badge proceedings. The old badge was probably due for an update anyway, and we've ended up with a much nicer, modern version. Also the club has gone on an upwards trajectory ever since then and looks set to continue.

Wonder how the poor soul is taking all this? :shutup

1 hour ago, Young Eddie said:

Was just thinking about that Airdrie fan who reported the club to Lord Lyon and initiated the new badge proceedings. The old badge was probably due for an update anyway, and we've ended up with a much nicer, modern version. Also the club has gone on an upwards trajectory ever since then and looks set to continue.

Wonder how the poor soul is taking all this? :shutup

Said Airdire fan...

RealisticUnlawfulAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

14 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Not particularly interested in next season at the moment.  Who we bringing in next month?  

Well since you asked...

Outs: 

David Ferguson

Ross Docherty (personally think mccall will keep him)

Craig McGuffie (Loan)

In: 

Centre Back

Winger- Joe Cardle perhaps?