The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Gutted tonight was prosponed but was most likely the correct decision if the reports of Doohan's kick outs are correct, just thinking that we are still going to be in contention when the window opens, do you think the club will grab the thistle and loosen the purse strings depending on wither Lawrence stays do we need to strengthen? personally I'd like to see maybe another left-sided centre back/left back and maybe an experienced back up keeper, if Lawrence goes we would need another striker to compete with Moore and Moffat.

Gutted tonight was prosponed but was most likely the correct decision if the reports of Doohan's kick outs are correct, just thinking that we are still going to be in contention when the window opens, do you think the club will grab the thistle and loosen the purse strings depending on wither Lawrence stays do we need to strengthen? personally I'd like to see maybe another left-sided centre back/left back and maybe an experienced back up keeper, if Lawrence goes we would need another striker to compete with Moore and Moffat.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t strengthen in January but what players can we bring in that are better than what we’ve got.

I think we’ll bring in a centre back and a winger. If Docherty or Shankland go then we’ll need to replace them.

Yeah another out and out winger would be good, I don't think we need guys to go straight into the team but cover for the injurys and suspensions that will almost certainly come, Cameron must also be thinking the higher we finish the more likely he's is to recupe some of his money or sell the club

Don’t think we would need to replace Docherty ( if he goes ) we would need someone as cover when Lawrence goes , believe Swansea have a player they are keen to send out on loan in January who is from Scotland ( Falkirk I heard ) could be involved in the Shankland move if/when it happens 

Jay Fulton.
Would be better if we could get one of the Ayew brothers.
Stevie Fultons boy he's a midfilder so would he actualy get in the team? McBurnie has 9 in 17 this season so is doing not to bad (still rate Lawrence better) so we may still get to keep him to the end of the season on loan if they do sign him.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
12 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
Jay Fulton.

Stevie Fultons boy he's a midfilder so would he actualy get in the team? McBurnie has 9 in 17 this season so is doing not to bad (still rate Lawrence better) so we may still get to keep him to the end of the season on loan if they do sign him.

I'm hoping Shankers' auld man looks at their games, not convinced he'd be seen at his best there.

I'm hoping Shankers' auld man looks at their games, not convinced he'd be seen at his best there.

The manager there seems to be pretty highly rated and from what I’ve heard immediate promotion wasn’t expected of him this season. His job was to bring the wage bill down and build a new team for next season.

I think Ross at Sunderland is a better match for him at the moment though.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Jay Fulton.

Can’t see it being Fulton as he’s good enough to play near that level currently. Plenty of teams at a higher level than us would take him on loan. There are quite a few Scottish players at Swansea and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s an unknown youth player they’d signed 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not interested in any fringe Swansea player in exchange for Shankland. We know Shankland will score goals in this league so don’t bother swapping him for anyone else.

^This

The only way Shankland is leaving in January is if he is loaned back. The club will not sell him when we are at the top of the league.

Its risk v reward. We never expected to be challenging for the league so this is a free hit to an extent. Risking that for a few hundred k would be so short sighted even for our board!!!

I'm not sure that we actually need to strengthen in January, currently we have Kerr, Forrest and Adams all out and in all honesty we wouldn't really miss them in respect of the starting 11 and subs that we're still able to put out, which I'd say speaks volumes.

Higgins is now back from injury as CH cover, McGuffie is good enough either for a starting place or the bench in a midfield / winger role and we've obviously got Moore & Docherty as further quality alternatives and the few glimpses I've seen of McCowan, it looks like there's a player in there as well. Kerr, Forrest and Adams will all hopefully be back by our next match so no problems there.

Of course we may release the likes of Ferguson who isn't even making the bench at the moment but all in all I'd say we've got a really strong pool of good quality and perhaps it's that togetherness and tightness of our squad that's one of the main reasons we're doing so well.

Having said this, should Shankland go in January, then we'd definitely need a striker as an alternative to Moore.

That is a pleasant surprise.

Makes next Saturday a HUGE game. Win that and beat Inverness (assuming it is the following midweek?) and we could be 7 points clear of County and 8 clear of Dundee United (assuming they win).

I realise there are quite a lot of ifs and assumptions in the above but it's nice to dream! 8)

Edited by Trogdor

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

At the same time, this means County are playing to get back to the summit, instead of playing just to close the gap. But being four clear with a game in hand would be magnif.

Quite. I just hope we aren't rusty as it'll have been over 2 weeks since our last match.