The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not convinced Swansea are the right team for Shankland, hope the boy does his homework before he goes anywhere.

Still think my wee team is the right move for him.

Serious looking photographs, likelyhood of Structural Engineers and Building Control involvement.

I'd be surprised if all six turnstiles aren't ruled out.  If so how about sticking ICT fans in main stand and Ayr United fans enter ground via all other turnstiles. 3 No. North turnstiles would be a serious bottleneck. 

1 hour ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Serious looking photographs, likelyhood of Structural Engineers and Building Control involvement.

I'd be surprised if all six turnstiles aren't ruled out.  If so how about sticking ICT fans in main stand and Ayr United fans enter ground via all other turnstiles. 3 No. North turnstiles would be a serious bottleneck. 

Yes, there's a large crack right down the side of the perimeter wall which could possibly put part of the Somerset road end in jeopardy from a H&S perspective.

As you say though, we do have plenty of options.

2 hours ago, mccurdieboy said:

In papers today Swansea going to offer 200k would like to think they would loan him back if that was the case

Yesterday's papers with the 400k seemed a better deal ???

11 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:
2 hours ago, WATTOO said:
Yesterday's papers with the 400k seemed a better deal ???

Just goes to show you can never believe anything papers say

We've probably all talked this to death and what will be will be, however if he was worth £200k as a proven league 1 striker then he's surely worth more than double that as a proven Championship striker.

Yes, he has 4 months less on his contract, however we are challenging for a league title, promotion and a play off place at worst.

Why would the club even consider anything less than £400k as things currently stand ????

1 minute ago, Iain said:

I don't really know why they would consider any offer that saw Shankland leave in January. What amount of money is worth more than winning this league? 

Well the very obvious answer to that is that even with Shankland you are guaranteed nothing. You could have Messi in your side, it wouldn't guarantee winning the League or the playoffs. You're not exactly a dozen points clear at the moment. It's a coin flip at best. Footballers also get injured from time to time. He might be lost for all or part of the remaining season. Six figure offers for players outside the Premiership are very rare, especially where there is no training compensation due anyway. Lewis Morgan was an exceptional case. It was a very brave decision to turn down £150,000 in August. Fair play, it's worked out well so far. But it would be an even braver Board of Directors who decided to do so again for even more money, five months nearer to the end of his contract.

Fair play to Ayr's Board / Owner if they are willing to do that. I don't know how much wealth Cameron actually has but presumably he can afford to cover any losses if you don't go up and don't sell him? Wasn't the club up for sale?

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well the very obvious answer to that is that even with Shankland you are guaranteed nothing. You could have Messi in your side, it wouldn't guarantee winning the League or the playoffs. You're not exactly a dozen points clear at the moment. It's a coin flip at best. Footballers also get injured from time to time. He might be lost for all or part of the remaining season. Six figure offers for players outside the Premiership are very rare, especially where there is no training compensation due anyway. Lewis Morgan was an exceptional case. It was a very brave decision to turn down £150,000 in August. Fair play, it's worked out well so far. But it would be an even braver Board of Directors who decided to do so again for even more money, five months nearer to the end of his contract.

Fair play to Ayr's Board / Owner if they are willing to do that. I don't know how much wealth Cameron actually has but presumably he can afford to cover any losses if you don't go up and don't sell him? Wasn't the club up for sale?

I'm kind of in agreement with much of your post, although I'm looking at it from the perspective of funds for consolidation purposes should we fail to be promoted.

As you say, he could get injured at any point or suffer a huge downturn in form, however it's all ifs buts and maybes, by the same token we could sell him in January for £400k and then Craig Moore could come in and start scoring for fun and we could win the league by 10 points, who knows ?

All I do know is that we have an excellent squad of players with or without Lawrence and if the board get an offer they can't refuse that Shankland is also happy about, then he will leave with the blessing of each and every Ayr Utd supporter.

On the other hand he stays, we fail to win promotion and walks for free in the Summer, then again, we've all been treated to a season beyond our wildest expectations and will have the memories such as beating United 5-0 at Tannadice with us forever.

Like they say in mastercard, 

That's priceless..................

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:43, D'Jaffo said:

Just seen the boy is actually a Killie fan. No way he was in that neck of the woods by accident.

Aye, he stays down there though, pretty sure his missus does too.

He's a smart lad, he certainly didn't smash his car into Somerset for a giggle FFS.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, he stays down there though, pretty sure his missus does too.

He's a smart lad, he certainly didn't smash his car into Somerset for a giggle FFS.

Such a smart thing to do, writing off your car by ploughing it into a football stadium.

4 hours ago, Firhill_Basin said:

Ayr would be daft to sell Shankland just now, they'll never get a better chance for promotion. 

Don’t think it will be down to Ayr , the boy has a potential great career ahead of him , he has done well for us and I think it would detrimental to him by the club if he wants to go and we keep him , means we could have an unhappy player for the last few months of season which would be doing no one any good 

Ayr Fans please note

Somerset road  end turnstiles are out of use on Friday night , enter by turnstiles adjacent to hospitality entrance and the Railway End , 

Edited by Robbo63