The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm probably in the minority amongst our support, however I'd take anything over £400k as that would set us up for the next couple of seasons and ensure we consolidated as a Championship level club, it would give us cash to re-sign / retain the majority of our squad and also give us the ammunition to find a replacement.
Shankland is obviously excellent and very important to us, however I've said it 100 times, we're far more than a one man team and I reckon we could still do it with the team we have.
Exciting times at Somerset nevertheless and we should all keep remembering that bar a final day screw up by Raith, we could have been looking forward to a big match against Montrose this week.................
If we got 400k for Shankland it would never all be invested in the team. Lachlan would take a good percentage of it to get 'his million quid back'.

3 minutes ago, ftk said:
44 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
I'm probably in the minority amongst our support, however I'd take anything over £400k as that would set us up for the next couple of seasons and ensure we consolidated as a Championship level club, it would give us cash to re-sign / retain the majority of our squad and also give us the ammunition to find a replacement.
Shankland is obviously excellent and very important to us, however I've said it 100 times, we're far more than a one man team and I reckon we could still do it with the team we have.
Exciting times at Somerset nevertheless and we should all keep remembering that bar a final day screw up by Raith, we could have been looking forward to a big match against Montrose this week.................

If we got 400k for Shankland it would never all be invested in the team. Lachlan would take a good percentage of it to get 'his million quid back'.

Yes, and I wouldn't expect it to be, however even if we saw 40% returning to our playing budget, that would do the trick.

Irrespective, it's now down to Lawrence and the club to decide what's best for both of them and whatever the outcome, it will have my blessing.

Ayr Utd should release a statement £1 million or gtf. That is peanuts for English teams.

Shankland is here to win us the title and take as back to the premier league where we belong! [emoji4]

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Roy Provan saying game will be fine for Friday just that some "re-jig" will need to be done, presume that means everyone having to go into SRE through North Terracing turnstiles.

I hope the weather forecast improves, otherwise there's not even any guarantee that Inverness will make it down for the game.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just seen the boy is actually a Killie fan. No way he was in that neck of the woods by accident.

Surely it's rather extreme to ram your car straight into a stadium wall ?

I'd have thought Killie would be wanting us up in the Premier so we could get the Derby matches back.

Surely it's rather extreme to ram your car straight into a stadium wall ?
I'd have thought Killie would be wanting us up in the Premier so we could get the Derby matches back.

Killie fans aren’t the brightest tbf.

Think you'll realistically get £300k for Shankland if he goes into the English Championship. Downside to that scenario though is that if he does go there it'll be to help whoever buys him to either get promotion or to avoid relegation - most likely the former. They'll certainly not release him back for the rest of the season as it just wouldn't make common sense. If he goes south he'll not be back, end of.

2 hours ago, TFW said:

Think you'll realistically get £300k for Shankland if he goes into the English Championship. Downside to that scenario though is that if he does go there it'll be to help whoever buys him to either get promotion or to avoid relegation - most likely the former. They'll certainly not release him back for the rest of the season as it just wouldn't make common sense. If he goes south he'll not be back, end of.

Cheers for that chief now f**k off back to the junior forum.