The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Stay where we are, no plastic fantastic for us, their floodlights apparently always go out!!, however re develop north enclosure, roof and seating with better facilities at either end, as for the other 3 sides they are simply beautiful and perfect leave alone please.

Why would they have to pay us any money if he signs a pre contact agreement?

I’ll admit I never read it in much detail before commenting.

It’s the ideal scenario but surely they can sign him on a pre contract in January instead of giving us money?

Nicky Devlin appears to be pulling up trees down in Walsall this season RB is a bit of a problem position for the national team maybe a wee call up soon I know it's league one but Mulgrew was getting called up when Blackburn were there last season.

Mulgrew was an established player though and I don’t think McKenna or Souttar were in the squad then.

I think Devlin is out of contract in the summer so hopefully he gets a better move to the Championship.

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

To get a wee bit of money for him and keep him yo the end of the season would be a fantastic but if business for us.

If we're going to lose him for nothing at the end of the season anyway, it's a no-brainer to take the money and then get him back for the rest of the season.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll admit I never read it in much detail before commenting.

It’s the ideal scenario but surely they can sign him on a pre contract in January instead of giving us money?

Pre-contracts are more like gentlemen’s agreements and can be broken. Paying a nominal fee and loaning back secures him.

Mulgrew was an established player though and I don’t think McKenna or Souttar were in the squad then.

I think Devlin is out of contract in the summer so hopefully he gets a better move to the Championship.
You what I'd say I'd take him back but as much as I rate him I'd rather have Liam Smith at right back

You what I'd say I'd take him back but as much as I rate him I'd rather have Liam Smith at right back

I’d absolutely have Smith over Devlin.

I’d say there’s more chance of Smith getting a Scotland call up than Devlin.

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

Do people never get bored of asking sweaty local liars in anoraks what gossip they've heard from their inside sources?

Dam Park had a fucking water feature next to it the last I looked. Why would moving from a four-sided ground with one stand that is already up to spec to a two-sided ground with one stand that would need completely overhauled be an improvement?

Is this an "if you build it they will come" situation? Because Somerset is already one of the largest grounds at this level and tbh I'd be shocked if even at the level above it regularly pushed its current limit.

The big problem with Somerset is that the North Terrace is uncovered and there's no way to change that which wouldn't require a) onerous planning permission and b) redevelopment of the hospitality suite. Doing the latter might bring in more money long-term, but for the time being it would be bananas.

I actually meant the Railway end for AWAY supporters for the larger teams visiting us who do bring bigger crowd and I was talking about getting into the premier league with bigger crowds where Somerset isnt one of the bigger seated grounds.  The big issue is that with a stand we could charge them more money for tickets as other clubs already do. Also such a development isnt about the here and now, it is about the longer term.

I do, however, agree with you re planning permission.

Not sure if it means Swansea are going to sign Shankland on a pre contract in January for next summer or if they're actually going to sign him for a fee in January and then loan him back to us for the rest of the season as a Swansea player.

Not sure how the second option would work for goals he's scored this season as he'd be technically leaving then coming back.

It would be a win win for us though as we'd get money and also keep him for the second half of the season.

Always hilarious to see some complaints about the ref and of our performance being full of strong tackles. Some supporters of "big teams" don't seem to like having the pish ripped out of them by wee "diddies".
What a time this is

Sell on clauses would be better bet when negotiating a fee for Shankland. Transfer fees down there are crazy so possibly worth it to take say 50k less for 10% sell on clause and maybe also clause for international appearance. If they have to pay these fees then he must be doing something right for them so its win win. If we do end up receiving a fee priority to should be retention of current team offer new contracts with different salaries based on what league we are in. Even just getting a couple of players to sign up can have a chain reaction and give others confidence we can sustain a good team beyond the season.