The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I thought the chat was fine. At least equal to what passes for a lot of football podcasts. It's not the fault of the people speaking that there was no way to subscribe to it i.e. like a podcast.
I like the idea I'm sure the guys doing it will get more confident as they do more of them, would be good if we could get some midweek interviews with Mcall and the players.

Heard a wee rumour today from one of my mates that were looking at bringing in Joe Cardle, said he can sign just now but can’t play until January. Been released from Fylde. 

Agents Geggan and Moff tasked with bringing him in.

Wouldn’t say no to that.

Good luck to Ayr for the rest of the season.  It remains a big ask to win the league but by no means impossible. 

Certainly doing a Livi and going up through the play-offs is a definite possibility (unless you have to play us obviously ^_^)

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

49 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Heard a wee rumour today from one of my mates that were looking at bringing in Joe Cardle, said he can sign just now but can’t play until January. Been released from Fylde. 

What's cardles position. Would he be any better than what we already have ? 

What's cardles position. Would he be any better than what we already have ? 

Plays left wing but cuts in on his right foot. I think he’d probably be more direct than Crawford and would allow him to play in central midfield in some games.

I think he’d be a good signing but theres a lot of interest in him I think with Falkirk the team being mentioned the most.

I’m sure Cardle will sign for Falkirk, they’re need is much greater than ours. Also guaranteed starter for them not so for us.

It's important that if we do bring anyone in that they're the right kind of person just as much as the right kind of player. Be surprised if it's a winger as we're pretty well covered in that position. Not even sure what position I would strengthen in assuming there are no outgoings, McCall has mentioned a centre half, maybe an experienced backup keeper just for maybes.

It's important that if we do bring anyone in that they're the right kind of person just as much as the right kind of player. Be surprised if it's a winger as we're pretty well covered in that position. Not even sure what position I would strengthen in assuming there are no outgoings, McCall has mentioned a centre half, maybe an experienced backup keeper just for maybes.

In terms of outgoing I’d be surprised if Ferguson stays. When was the last time he even played?

In terms of outgoing I’d be surprised if Ferguson stays. When was the last time he even played?
Not this season anyway. It's a strange one, signing for six months late on in pre season around the same time as Smith signed. Not sure what he would have been promised by McCall. Of course if we get to the end of the year and go through our usual injury crisis then he'll get his chance

Not this season anyway. It's a strange one, signing for six months late on in pre season around the same time as Smith signed. Not sure what he would have been promised by McCall. Of course if we get to the end of the year and go through our usual injury crisis then he'll get his chance

Don’t think the Smith signing was really planned. It was clear however that Ferguson wasn’t going to up to standard after he was poor against Stenny and Partick in the cup. He did well against ICT when we went down to 10 but that’s about it.

Smith was clearly made available and McCall saw it as an opportunity he couldn’t let go. Much like Bell last season.