The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

58 minutes ago, stumpy said:

you should win by a few as you are the full time club.... suppose its the romance of the cup, wee tight park with the "big full time" team coming down to play the wee part timers :) what i would say is dont dish the junior players as remember there is a good few ex juniors in your current 1st team.... Shankland to name one....so they all cant be bad

^^^ Junior thicko found

I don't think Adams has either - we signed him from Wigtown who are South of Scotland which I think still counts as 'senior'.  Think McGuffie was on loan at a junior team though (Cumnock or Glenafton rings a bell) so technically he counts. 

Wigtown was the club I was thinking of but just presumed they were classed as junior.

41 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Lochee was a nightmare. 8 postponement or something? I think for the original tie there was something like 8-10 buses going.

I love having all the non league/junior teams in. However floodlight should be a requirement.

On the original day I was already on the Glasgow to Dundee train when it got postponed - decided to just go ahead with the day out. Had a few pints in Dundee and ended up getting a taxi to Lochee and having a pint there at a pub right close to the ground.  There's a photo of us somewhere kicking a ball about on the half frozen park with a couple of local kids.  Cracking Scottish Cup memories without an actual football game.

15 hours ago, stumpy said:

heres some highlights from Beiths last round game to give some idea as to what expect.... :)  not all hammer throwers lol 

Reveal hidden contents

Observations:

Linlithgow Rose are an absolute shambles.

Beith take throw-ins with both feet on the park.

That is a very suspect looking flag behind that goal. One may even say 'Big Team Found'.

F***ing hope it's not raining on the 24th.

4 hours ago, Hursty said:

On the original day I was already on the Glasgow to Dundee train when it got postponed - decided to just go ahead with the day out. Had a few pints in Dundee and ended up getting a taxi to Lochee and having a pint there at a pub right close to the ground.  There's a photo of us somewhere kicking a ball about on the half frozen park with a couple of local kids.  Cracking Scottish Cup memories without an actual football game.

We had a similar experience. When we were wandering round the pitch we were invited in to the pavilion, got a tour of it, had a few sandwiches and a beer, given a match programme each and one of the lads ended up with a Lochee shirt from the previous season. Then down to the local working men's club with some of the committee where we met Ray McKinnon and some of the players.

Championship
1st - £533,000 (2.25%)
2nd - £450,000 (1.9%)
3rd - £379,000 (1.6%)
4th - £308,000 (1.3%)
5th - £237,000 (1.0%)
6th - £213,000 (0.9%)
7th - £201,000 (0.85%)
8th - £190,000 (0.80%)
9th - £178,000 (0.75%)
10th - £166,000 (0.7%)

Decent prize money on offer this season for a top 4 finish. 

there is 2 enclosures on the side where the camera is, plenty of cover if the heavens open... :)  my guessing is the Ayr fans will enter the ground at the dressing room end of park and move around behind the goals to your left... 

Edited by stumpy

30 minutes ago, stumpy said:

there is 2 enclosures on the side where the camera is, plenty of cover if the heavens open... :)  my guessing is the Ayr fans will enter the ground at the dressing room end of park and move around behind the goals to your left... 

Or in other words, we enter at the deep end :lol:

Interview with Kerr, starts at the 28 min mark.

Pleasing that two of the best centre backs so far this season are actually only training part time. One’s got a day job and the other ones ploughing the fields.