The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Nearly 9500 on a snowy February this year against a sectarian horde a) that they had no chance of beating and b) that they had played half a dozen times recently.

Should the unthinkable happen and Ayr get into the playoffs Somerset will be at absolute capacity.

You are aware that about 6000 of that total were ****?

Just now, eez-eh said:

You are aware that about 6000 of that total were ****?

Plenty of the ones in the home allocation would have otherwise been sat in the pub watching their big team as well. The possibility of Premiership football is the best conversion tool available.

But fine. 6500 for the last Somerset derby, which was nearly a month before the season started and widely derided as a meaningless quasi-friendly.

At what point do suspensions from bookings kick in? Four today and I'm sure we've racked up a few along the way

I’ll need to double check how many each player has but I think it’s two weeks after the 6th booking that the player misses.

At what point do suspensions from bookings kick in? Four today and I'm sure we've racked up a few along the way

Shankland, Murdoch, Geggan and Harvie are the only ones with more than one booking.

Shankland - 2
Murdoch - 4
Geggan - 3
Harvie - 4

2 of Harvies bookings then resulted in a second booking so I’m not sure if they count and he’s actually only on 2.

Surprised Murdoch is on that many, thought the main culprits would be Harvie, Adams & Geggan. Thought Shanks would be on more tbh

Tbf Adams doesn’t get a lot of opportunities to kick folk when he’s playing at centre half.

I can't be the only one who when Doohan got announced as the keeper after all the McRorie talk was a wee bit who the f**k is this guy, but he has been outstanding that's his 12th clean sheet in 19 games, his distribution is exclent, has saved two pens, he's not afraid to tell his more experienced team mates off when they give him dodgy pass backs and I don't think he has conceded one so far where you can say that was his fault, honestly think the boy has potential to go very far in the game and will be Scotland no 1 in the near future.

It's certainly one of the best loan moves of recent years, even better from having been from one of the old firm, who don't give a f**k whether he ever makes their own first team because their strategy is just to acquire young talent like Pokemon and hold onto them forever.

Anyone know if the Beith game is definitely going to be at their ground because there's been no mention of anything about it and it's less than three weeks away.

I think so. Beith put a tweet out yesterday confirming prices at £12 and £6 with more info to follow.

Hopefully news this week.

On 11/1/2018 at 22:28, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, have you heard of the concept of VAT?

And are you banning kids from this playoff tie or just conveniently ignoring you have a 3rd price range?

It doesnt, as noted, the SPFL get 50% to pay for the parachute payment.

You are never getting 7000 for a home leg playoff tie, and certainly not all adults. And take the VAT off too.

I would guess your average per head net of VAT will be £10 - £12 at best. 

Who gets this VAT?

Honest question.

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

Anyone know if the Beith game is definitely going to be at their ground because there's been no mention of anything about it and it's less than three weeks away.

They have played Airdrie and Morton at Bellsdale in the cup previously. It won't be switched.