The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There is no undersoil heating requirement. There is no change in requirements between the top two leagues. There is no decision to be made by "The Premiership", which isn't a separate body any more. Anyone who says or implies otherwise is not "in the know".

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I get your point, but if taking money (and I mean £350k +) was going to be used to sign up our entire squad longer term, then it may be worth the sacrifice.

Honest to god. If the club goes up, it will have the money to do that anyway, and there will be additional prestige which might attract players to re-sign. If the club shows it's more interested in cashing in on its talent and staying where it is, why would players not go to the ~20 other clubs in Scotland (or ~80 in England) who would still be able to pay more than a temporarily-flush Ayr United?

Edited by Thumper

8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There is no undersoil heating requirement. There is no change in requirements between the top two leagues. There is no decision to be made by "The Premiership", which isn't a separate body any more. Anyone who says or implies otherwise is not "in the know".

Honest to god. If the club goes up, it will have the money to do that anyway, and there will be additional prestige which might attract players to re-sign. If the club shows it's more interested in cashing in on its talent and staying where it is, why would players not go to the ~20 other clubs in Scotland (or ~80 in England) who would still be able to pay more than a temporarily-flush Ayr United?

You're kind of missing my point, at the moment we have guys who promoted or not, could easily be offered better deals at your Motherwells and Hamiltons of this world at the end of the season, that, is my biggest worry and we can all sit back and argue about "jimmy wouldn't leave us to go to them" but the harsh reality is that money will dictate where most are concerned and we'd undoubtedly do the same ourselves.

By tying the other guys up, it would immediately stop anyone from walking away, but, by the same token would let them know that if they performed well then we'd happily let them go to further their careers if the club was suitably recompensed.

I like my job, I like my colleagues but if Barclays or HSBC come in with a £5k+ salary increase for my services, then I'll be offering everyone the best of wishes and moving on. (highly unlikely right enough and that's p/a as opposed to per week) !!

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

I heard last night from people in the know that Somerset is ready to be allowed into the premiership if required.

All would be needed would either be undersoil heating or specific Spfl approved frost covers.

Was it Newmember? 

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You're kind of missing my point, at the moment we have guys who promoted or not, could easily be offered better deals at your Motherwells and Hamiltons of this world at the end of the season

So you'd sell the club's best player in order to offer players more than they'd make in the Premiership in order to stay at a club whose ambitions had been shown to be nothing more than avoiding relegation in the Championship. Ask yourself a) whether you'd take that deal, b) whether it makes any financial sense, or c) how that ever translates to striving for promotion.

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

So you'd sell the club's best player in order to offer players more than they'd make in the Premiership in order to stay at a club whose ambitions had been shown to be nothing more than avoiding relegation in the Championship. Ask yourself a) whether you'd take that deal, b) whether it makes any financial sense, or c) how that ever translates to striving for promotion.

No, that's not what I said at all.

It's literally exactly what you said. You've somehow contrived a situation whereby a club in the Scottish Championship is going to take a player who has six months left on his contract and transform that into three-year deals for twelve to sixteen players which would stop their heads being turned by clubs in the league above.

12 hours ago, Thumper said:

It's literally exactly what you said. You've somehow contrived a situation whereby a club in the Scottish Championship is going to take a player who has six months left on his contract and transform that into three-year deals for twelve to sixteen players which would stop their heads being turned by clubs in the league above.

No, again, that's not what I said.

To spell it out, if we received say, £350k in January I would be attempting to sign up our young players on increased wages and extended deals if possible (probably 2 years), that would then ensure that these guys would not be able to walk away for nothing in the summer and if someone DID want them, either then or within the next 24 months, then they'd be required to pay a decent transfer fee.

So, to clarify, I mentioned about 6 or 7 players and NOT "twelve to sixteen players" and from their perspective they would be offered an increased wage, security, and the continuation and familiarity of an environment that they are all currently thriving.

Surely that's not so difficult to understand !!!

Can anyone explain to me what a club has to gain by paying us a fee for Shankland in January and loaning him back to us as opposed to signing him on a pre contract in January with Shankland then seeing the season out with us. I'm missing something here.

Can anyone explain to me what a club has to gain by paying us a fee for Shankland in January and loaning him back to us as opposed to signing him on a pre contract in January with Shankland then seeing the season out with us. I'm missing something here.

Absolutely nothing

But it’s the same situation that Celtic had with Lewis Morgan last season. He was out of contract but they paid a 6 figure fee and loaned him back.

FYI I don’t think it’ll happen. He’ll most likely just go in the summer for nothing.

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Absolutely nothing

Well, it does mean they definitely secure the services of the player, as opposed to gambling that he signs for them on a free as opposed to a rival or suchlike

Depends how bad they want him

To make sure they get him in the summer and he gets another 6 month's of first team football if they don't think he's ready for there first team just yet, its a win win situation for us but unlikely to happen, personally they can keep the money I'd rather lose him for nothing and have him to the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Are the travel club running a bus/buses to Falkirk?

I don't have facebook and their twitter hasn't been updated...tried texting Jamie but didn't get a response

Read on Facebook that Jamie is on holiday so you have to contact Jeanne or Lisa to book.