The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don't want to turn this completely political but seen this morning that Ayr Rugby Club have just about reached a deal with the council to move to a redeveloped dam park.

With the redevelopment of dam park seemingly happening and also a new sports centre getting built in craigie should we not be trying to get a partnership built with either of these locations to use as full time training facilities.

McCall keeps saying that if we want to be a community club then we need to train in Ayr full time and this just seems like a brilliant opportunity to get somewhere local to train.

Don't want to turn this completely political but seen this morning that Ayr Rugby Club have just about reached a deal with the council to move to a redeveloped dam park.

With the redevelopment of dam park seemingly happening and also a new sports centre getting built in craigie should we not be trying to get a partnership built with either of these locations to use as full time training facilities.

McCall keeps saying that if we want to be a community club then we need to train in Ayr full time and this just seems like a brilliant opportunity to get somewhere local to train.

Whitletts hopefully moving back to Whitletts behind the activity centre. 4g pitch with all facilities needed for Ayr to train during the week

49 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Had a wee look at the fixtures earlier and our next five are: Thistle (A), Alloa (H), Falkirk (A), QOS (H), Morton (H). Five very winnable games and a chance to cement ourselves at the top end of the table. 

Remember your last game against QOS! 

10 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

ayrs season has a lot of similarities to st mirren last season.got a feeling you'll do it.

bookies still offering 7-1. 

Got 33's and 40's at start of the season (and after the first couple of games), however I'd still say Ross County are stick ons.

Got 33's and 40's at start of the season (and after the first couple of games), however I'd still say Ross County are stick ons.

This Ayr team has something different we havn't seen for a long time at Somerset. Nobody to fear and I think we are good enough to win this league! There I said it.

43 minutes ago, ftk said:

This Ayr team has something different we havn't seen for a long time at Somerset. Nobody to fear and I think we are good enough to win this league! There I said it.

I agree that we are good enough, however I'm more worried about holding on to all our players in January and also sustaining our current levels when the pitches become heavier as I'd say our brand of football requires a good quality playing surface.

No complaints though as we've been great so far and I've not seen anything from our opponents that should make us feel inferior or that we don't belong at the top end of this Championship table.

Never said we had, just found it strange after getting a 5-0 thumping first time around that you should think it is a very winnable game.. 

Now that the two teams are meeting on a proper football pitch I’d be expecting us to win.

30 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Never said we had, just found it strange after getting a 5-0 thumping first time around that you should think it is a very winnable game.. 

Previous result has no baring on this match. Completely different circumstances. That’s like saying when we travel to Dundee Utd they won’t see it as a winnable tie because we beat them at Somerset.