The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Waniche said:

Roberts is definitely one of my favourite Ayr players of all time, that goal against hibs, jumping on the wall in front of the SRE.

The time he came on as a sub to a chorus of boos and shouts of "dirty Killie b*****d" shortly after joining when we were 0-2 down to Airdrie and then quickly scored a double to tie the game up.

1 hour ago, Edmond Dantès said:

The time he came on as a sub to a chorus of boos and shouts of "dirty Killie b*****d" shortly after joining when we were 0-2 down to Airdrie and then quickly scored a double to tie the game up.

Oh how fickle Ayr fans can be. Played more games for Ayr and scored more goals for us than he did for the unmighty unwashed. 

Hadn't realised Crawford had played every minute of every game up till the Dundee Utd game, was sure he had been at least subbed in one of the games, not surprised he'd be a bit knackered, expect he'll be back in for Saturday though. McDaid saying he loves playing here in the Carrick and a promotion push isn't out of the question, hopefully he gets  a start against County too

Hadn't realised Crawford had played every minute of every game up till the Dundee Utd game, was sure he had been at least subbed in one of the games, not surprised he'd be a bit knackered, expect he'll be back in for Saturday though. McDaid saying he loves playing here in the Carrick and a promotion push isn't out of the question, hopefully he gets  a start against County too

Would love both to start but I think it’ll be one or the other with Geggan playing wide right.

Didn’t realise that about Crawford either though which would explain why he needed a rest. I think however McDaid has done enough versus Morton and Dundee Utd to get a start.

Selection headaches never used to be an issue for previous Ayr managers.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would love both to start but I think it’ll be one or the other with Geggan playing wide right.

Didn’t realise that about Crawford either though which would explain why he needed a rest. I think however McDaid has done enough versus Morton and Dundee Utd to get a start.

Selection headaches never used to be an issue for previous Ayr managers.

I wonder how long it'll take before he stops loving it quite as much if he keeps performing and not starting, it's okay now but  after a while it could be an issue McCall has to deal with, although if we keep winning then it might be less so.

Last game I was standing beside a guy who was keeping notes and drawing diagrams of McDaid's movements when  he came on, assuming that's his agent or a scout.

I wonder how long it'll take before he stops loving it quite as much if he keeps performing and not starting, it's okay now but  after a while it could be an issue McCall has to deal with, although if we keep winning then it might be less so.
Last game I was standing beside a guy who was keeping notes and drawing diagrams of McDaid's movements when  he came on, assuming that's his agent or a scout.

It’s a strange situation for Ayr because it’s been ages since we’ve had players with the quality of Moore, McDaid, Docherty and they’re not guaranteed starters. I suspect if we’re still up at the top of the table or thereabouts then players will bide their time but next season McCall will have the hard job of convincing them all to stay on. I was more surprised that Moore stayed this season compared to Shankland given he only started 15 league games last season.

I’d think it’ll be another scout watching McDaid. There’s been a few scouts from down south at Ayr games since he’s signed.

Very young team , no first team players in squad , with the exception of sub goalie  Hare-Read and very occasional sub McCowan , played decent football , the Albion goalkeeper had an exceptional game , saved a penalty along with the rebound and at least another 3 very decent saves , Ayr never under any real pressure , 2 goals in a 5 minute spell in first half , their goal was a total blunder by Hare -Read 

Edited by Robbo63

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Both Smith and Doohan starting for the Under 21s against England tonight.

Hopefully no injuries !! 

I saw a report in the Mail last week about the young Celtic keeper Conor Hazard who plays for NI under 21's and how he was "fighting it out" with the "other 3 keepers" namely Craig Gordon, Dorus De Vries & Scott Bain.

Hopefully they've forgot all about young Ross and we can pick him up either on an extended loan or permanently for a "nominal fee".

Highly unlikely of course, but how many keepers do they need ??

Just sheer greed..........................

Is Ross Doohan only on loan until January at the moment because McCall said after the Morton game that he hopes we can keep him.

Wasn't sure if he meant keep him for next season or for the second half of this season

It’s a season long loan I’m sure.

Docherty and Ferguson are the only two contracted until January.

Edit: There’s likely a recall clause in his contract in case Celtic are down to bare bones in terms of goalies. As mentioned they’re certainly not short in that department so I’d say it’s unlikely they’ll recall him.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s a season long loan I’m sure.

Docherty and Ferguson are the only two contracted until January.

Edit: There’s likely a recall clause in his contract in case Celtic are down to bare bones in terms of goalies. As mentioned they’re certainly not short in that department so I’d say it’s unlikely they’ll recall him.

Don't put that up in case you alert Brendan, we should just be posting about how shite he played on every match thread, maybe even throw in some of poorer goalies of the past to make sure.

I think all temporary transfers can be broken at any time with agreement from all three parties and season long ones can be ended by the club the player 'belongs' to during a transfer window.  

Can't be botherd to actually read the SFA documents again though. 

He's been what we've needed going up a league - a more reliable 'keeper who the back four can have confidence in and who's distribution is usually very good. He's made mistakes for sure but what goalie doesn't? I hope our back-up 'keeper has been watching and learning. 

Doohan with a cracking save towards the end of the half. The composure for such a young keeper is very impressive.

Was pretty untested up until that point but it was a great save.

Smith has been his usual impressive self keeping things tidy although he set up what should’ve been a good counter attack which fell to pieces.