The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Coldest I’ve ever been at an Ayr game was a reserve game v Rangers reserves in the 90’s. A horrible Monday night but the whole main stand was full as McCoist, Russian sounding names and a few other first team of ‘them’ were playing. Ayr fans were put in the enclosure but we won with Justin Jackson (remember him?) scoring a hat trick. 

Only time I’ve seen us beating one of the uglies. 

Edited by Waniche
Faux pas

2 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Coldest I’ve ever been at an Ayr game was a reserve game v Rangers reserves in the 90’s. A horrible Monday night but the whole main stand was full as McCoist, Russian sounding names and a few other first team of ‘them’ were playing. Ayr fans were put in the enclosure but we won with Colin Jackson (remember him?) scoring a hat trick. 

Only time I’ve seen us beating one of the uglies. 

Justin?

Typical Ayr fan, always finding hurdles where there are none.;)

Edited by ayrmad

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Arbroath away last season on a Wednesday night was absolutely freezing.

If we hadn’t scored that late equaliser I would’ve gone home completely miserable.

I was absolutely roasting that night.

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm glad Murray didn't take over.....sure, we'd have had 30 years of trophies, cup finals, European trips etc but we'd have to spend the next 10 years being called zombies or Sevco, definitely not worth it. 

No we wouldn't have. We'd have gone pop a lot sooner and without any tangible success.

Roberts was one of my favourite players and a good guy but his tenure as manager was one of the worst I can remember - and I've been around during the reigns of Shanks, the two Rabs, Campbell Money and Neil Watt.  Oh, what a depressing list of names that is.

Good luck Shiny Teeth and QP.

Roberts is definitely one of my favourite Ayr players of all time, that goal against hibs, jumping on the wall in front of the SRE.

However, as a manager.......holy batshit Batman. Touting Marenghi as one of the top talents in Scottish football and giving him a two year deal still baffles belief. Nice bloke but shouldn’t have jumped into the Ayr hot seat without an experienced no.2. Good luck to him anyway.