The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

48 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Ok, here’s a question to put the ‘cat amongst the pigeons’ and one for debate.

How much do you think it would cost to buy Ayr United?

Say an Ayr fan won eurosquilliins and rocked up at Tryfield place with an open chequebook.

Cameron has said he just wants his money back, so £1million straight off. The ground say £2million, putting that figure as you’d need to buy back the car park to have complete dictatorship in any redevelopment of San Somerset, if you want to. Paying off the board, probably about £500k(Mind you taking the club public with shares to fans would claw some of that back). Then there’s the question of if there is a sale, are you required to buy the ground at Whitletts? Of which you’d have to either put in major redevelopment, paying off SAC and come up with an idea to make a profitable, efficient development to pay for a new stadium if you want to move.

Then there’s actually putting the product on the park and getting people to pay their hard earned cash. 

I say not much change out of circa £10 million. Thus why nobody is banging down the door to buy the club. Or did the charlatans like Gilmour’s so called £28 million re development scare people off?

Still to this day people ask the question of “what if Murray had bought Ayr?” He wasn’t actually buying Ayr United, the truth was that it was a buy out as a loan against the club. 

£1,000,001

1 hour ago, Waniche said:

Still to this day people ask the question of “what if Murray had bought Ayr?” He wasn’t actually buying Ayr United, the truth was that it was a buy out as a loan against the club. 

The days of people mocking us for knocking him back are gone. I wonder why?

1527466.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=532&h

4 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Scary thought with Derek holding the Ayrshire cup in one hand and Southern comfort in the other lol

And there's only one of them that he definitely won't drop.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

I thought the club was for sale for £1 and Cameron did not want his money back just the reassurance the club would be bought with the right intentions and not to some cowboy am I wrong?

Yes.

6 minutes ago, Edmond Dantès said:

Exactly. There was an iconic pic of Ayr fans on an away day pissing on ‘castle greyskull’. I’ve tried to find that picture. 

50 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Come on Derek, you can't even get a bovril at Somerset for a £ never mind transform the place.

I still seethe at paying £5 for two bovrils away at Cowdungbeath. And we got beat that horrible midweek nightmare. 

Oh how times have changed. 

Hmmm buy a pack of bovril cubes for a quid in Tesco and sell one for a quid at the footy. Boardroom beckons lol

1 minute ago, Waniche said:

I still seethe at paying £5 for two bovrils away at Cowdungbeath. And we got beat that horrible midweek nightmare. 

Oh how times have changed. 

Hmmm buy a pack of bovril cubes for a quid in Tesco and sell one for a quid at the footy. Boardroom beckons lol

My wife always remembered that as the coldest place she'd ever watched a game at.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

My wife always remembered that as the coldest place she'd ever watched a game at.

It makes my top 5 of shitty away days. We scored early then got pumped. It was Baltic that night. Alloa away makes two entries to my top 5 tho. That cup game will haunt many an Ayr fan. 

37 minutes ago, Edmond Dantès said:

On countless occasions we were told Ayr Utd had missed the boat by knocking him back.

They are correct. We did, only the boat turned out to be the Titanic...

6 minutes ago, Waniche said:

It makes my top 5 of shitty away days. We scored early then got pumped. It was Baltic that night. Alloa away makes two entries to my top 5 tho. That cup game will haunt many an Ayr fan. 

I think the result and performance always has a bearing on how cold and shitty it feels, some of my greatest memories have been in the wind & rain under the lights at Somerset, you don't seem to notice it when you're pumping Killie or the big boys..

Just now, jimmy boo said:
18 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Arbroath or Stoke in my experience.

At least you can hide at Arbroath, there's no hiding place on the terracing at Cowden.