The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 16/09/2018 at 11:50, itzdrk said:

Don't understand what Neil McCann has to do with it.  

McCann's a media *** and thus the entire angle for a Post piece. He's also one who until recently had clearly fancied his ability to work his ticket.

It's fucking weird how rapey player careers go. After Flasher Lithgow was no great shakes at Ayr I'd imaged he'd disappear to Ireland or the Juniors, instead of popping up years later getting gigs in the Premiership for West Lothian Council Milton Keynes Tony Macaroni FC. Meanwhile I'd fancied that a talented 21-year-old would somehow manage something better than being induced into ruining his career over an embarrassment like a 20k full-time contract, which is hardly better than he'd get as a McDonalds manager.

On 16/09/2018 at 17:16, pandarilla said:

My kids are 5 and 4 and as much as I'm tempted, they're still too young imo. The concentration span just isn't there and they'd end up doing my head in. No-one would have fun.

There's also the fact that I want them to support the local team. The wee man wants to support Ayr (because I do) but I plan on taking them to tannadice and dens and letting them choose. We'll see.

You're quite right, if my grandson asks to go to a Killie game I would take him no problem.

56 minutes ago, Thumper said:

McCann's a media *** and thus the entire angle for a Post piece. He's also one who until recently had clearly fancied his ability to work his ticket.

It's fucking weird how rapey player careers go. After Flasher Lithgow was no great shakes at Ayr I'd imaged he'd disappear to Ireland or the Juniors, instead of popping up years later getting gigs in the Premiership for West Lothian Council Milton Keynes Tony Macaroni FC. Meanwhile I'd fancied that a talented 21-year-old would somehow manage something better than being induced into ruining his career over an embarrassment like a 20k full-time contract, which is hardly better than he'd get as a McDonalds manager.

Aye but was he not a sky sports presenter/Dunfermline coach at the time? 

How shit is this for fixtures? 30/10 is a midweek fixture and I'll miss Dundee Utd fixture

15th September, 2018 Ayr United Falkirk 15:00pm
22nd September, 2018 Alloa Athletic Ayr United 3:00pm
29th September, 2018 Morton Ayr United 3:00pm
6th October, 2018 Ayr United Dundee United 3:00pm
20th October, 2018 Ross County Ayr United 3:00pm
27th October, 2018 Partick Thistle Ayr United 3:00pm
30th October, 2018 Ayr United Alloa Athletic 7.45pm

18 hours ago, Thumper said:

Pretty harsh on Lithgow.  Looked a good centre half at Ayr but was one who got caught up in the slow motion train wreck that was Marko In Charge.  Had some woeful players around him to. Pope, Hutton in goal, and as I recall, Scott McLaughlin as a defensive partner for a fair few games due to injuries..,ouch.  Full time training will doubtless have helped him as well.  

When I think about it, that was also the season when Marko flatly refused to play Longridge.  So we actually had 50% of the back 4 that just got Livingston to the Premiership.  

Edited by Mgc1910

2 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Pretty harsh on Lithgow.  Looked a good centre half at Ayr but was one who got caught up in the slow motion train wreck that was Marko In Charge.  Had some woeful players around him to. Pope, Hutton in goal, and as I recall, Scott McLaughlin as a defensive partner for a fair few games due to injuries..,ouch.  Full time training will doubtless have helped him as well.  

Never rated Lithgow tbh, although he was a player that split opinion during his time at ayr. Creepy b*****d and I share the surprise that he's getting a gig at livi

Alan Lithgow was decent enough for us, one of the better ones that season however if you told me back then that in a few years he’d be a starting CB in the premiership i’d of laughed in your face. 

Looking back that was a really shite time to support the club, we made the playoffs that year despite being dugmeat and that was during the spell where we were losing players to the likes of Stenny and Brechin. 

I take it the club never got any more tickets for the Rangers game as hinted last week. Had a wee look on their website and there are plenty of home tickets available in most parts of the ground.

Right, that's me away to delete all those "you may be interested in this Orange Walk happening near you" cookies....

5 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I take it the club never got any more tickets for the Rangers game as hinted last week. Had a wee look on their website and there are plenty of home tickets available in most parts of the ground.

Right, that's me away to delete all those "you may be interested in this Orange Walk happening near you" cookies....

I'm going to the ground to hopefully get a ticket off someone. Hoping I'll maybe end up lucky. Who knows.

7 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I've got 1 spare.

I’ve got one so not angling for it, but what’s your plan with it? I saw you saying it would only be going to a proper fan (paraphrasing, can’t remember your exact words), so how are you going to choose if it’s still spare when it gets closer to the game? 

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve got one so not angling for it, but what’s your plan with it? I saw you saying it would only be going to a proper fan (paraphrasing, can’t remember your exact words), so how are you going to choose if it’s still spare when it gets closer to the game? 

No idea, I'm not really that bothered about it one way or the other.