The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Anyway, switching topics or back to attendances I suppose.
Looking for some advice at what age were your kids when you brought them to Somerset? 
My boy is almost 2 so suspect he is still too young but just wondering. 
My kids are 5 and 4 and as much as I'm tempted, they're still too young imo. The concentration span just isn't there and they'd end up doing my head in. No-one would have fun.

There's also the fact that I want them to support the local team. The wee man wants to support Ayr (because I do) but I plan on taking them to tannadice and dens and letting them choose. We'll see.

My kids are 5 and 4 and as much as I'm tempted, they're still too young imo. The concentration span just isn't there and they'd end up doing my head in. No-one would have fun.

There's also the fact that I want them to support the local team. The wee man wants to support Ayr (because I do) but I plan on taking them to tannadice and dens and letting them choose. We'll see.

Sorry I’m a bit of an Adolf but Dad knows best, they need to support the team you support. How many Celtic and Rangers fans are local? Can you imagine your son supporting Dundee whilst you’re at the other end supporting Ayr!!!!

Sorry I’m a bit of an Adolf but Dad knows best, they need to support the team you support. How many Celtic and Rangers fans are local? Can you imagine your son supporting Dundee whilst you’re at the other end supporting Ayr!!!!
It's a dilemma.

Most folk on here will support the idea of local team but of course we wait as many young ayr fans as possible.

There's also the added issue of condemning him to being an ayr fan. At least as a fan of United he'll get the chance to watch old YouTube videos of past glories (and obviously more likely to have success in the future).

The last 15 years have been bleak as f**k. I'm a believer in sticking with your team but by God it's hard when there's so much misery.

My Wee fella loves watching the Seagulls. He's only three. Aye OK, he might not pay attention the full game but, it gives me an excuse to have bonding time with him outwith the Wrath of Roxy in our house :-) 

Plus, if I drum it into his head at this age that he supports Ayr, he won't become an old firm sheep. Wishful thinking I think. 

7 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

No one to blame but himself, horrible wee waster.

Was it Mark Docherty on the Pele Podcast that called him a “horrible wee guy?”

Will they draw in Mark Roberts and the likes, to hear his dummy spitting spiel? 

How can Dundee be a dream move? 

Just wanting to make a wee point on the attendances. Seen a lot of talk on this and the SRE. We’ve jumped from around 1200 odd home core to around 2000 so far this season. Our attedences have been better than ICT, QOS, Morton. Teams who have been here cemented in the league for years, been in the Premiership and a Scottish Cup winner. The idea of 3000 home fans is pie in the sky 6 games into the season. IF we sustain ourselves in this league and then look to push on, I can see 2500 core support like back in the Dalziel days. Long way to go for that though. First time in a long time we’ve had over 1000 ST holders.

Anyway, switching topics or back to attendances I suppose.
Looking for some advice at what age were your kids when you brought them to Somerset? 
My boy is almost 2 so suspect he is still too young but just wondering. 
I have been taking my wee girl for about 3 seasons now she's 8 and she's only now getting into watching the game she's was more interested in trying to get high 5s from the panda up to now.

Took my son to his first St Mirren game when he was about 6 years old......pre season friendly against Aston Villa. He is now 35 and can remember more about the day than I can! It was better back in the days of terracing and he could wander about unlike now when kids are stuck in their seats getting bored. That's the good thing about Somerset. Come the regular season he would be down the front with his wee pal probably only half watching the game but loved it and got hooked. It's funny over the years seeing kids brought by their parents who seem bored on their tablets then as they get older they get right into it. Grandson is 18 months now and a few years from now he will have season ticket like his mum.  Responsible parents/grandparents owe it to their offspring to keep them away from the OF.

Took my son to games at ages 5, 6, 8 and 9. He remembers the last one because it was the day we won the league, but it's not something he's taken an interest in. The first couple of games were definitely too early, and the third one got him upset because he though the referee's feelings would be hurt be people booing him. :rolleyes: