The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Can't say I'm awfully disappointed to be missing out tbh. The place will be a third full and everything except the away corner will be absolutely, completely silent until the third or fourth goal goes in. You would like to imagine that if the club's accountants were interested in doing anything except stuffing money into mattresses and arranging for Bermudan passports that they'd be speaking to the board to suggest that deliberately selling fewer tickets than would be bought is economically questionable, but everyone knows the entire club is one huge long con waiting to happen (again).

Anyway, you can't take a 5-0 doing and then send the same team out the next week. What that says to people on the bench is that there's no accountability. Going to be verrry interesting to see McCall's response.

Also nice to see Naysmith consenting to an interview. Suppose it's easier when you don't need to tear strips off anyone after the game.

Morton away on the Saturday after it as well. Between fatigue and coming off a possible scudding, the players will be up  against it, and that's a game we really don't want to be losing.

I love the irony, normally we are talking about some of the 'weapons' on the SRE Facebook and now they are talking about us fine upstanding supporters on P&B. :thumsup2

If P&B is where the “fine upstanding supporters” congregate then god help Scottish football.

I also don’t understand the jealousy though. I’m not jealous of someone running a supporters bus.

Can't say I'm awfully disappointed to be missing out tbh. The place will be a third full and everything except the away corner will be absolutely, completely silent until the third or fourth goal goes in. You would like to imagine that if the club's accountants were interested in doing anything except stuffing money into mattresses and arranging for Bermudan passports that they'd be speaking to the board to suggest that deliberately selling fewer tickets than would be bought is economically questionable, but everyone knows the entire club is one huge long con waiting to happen (again).
Anyway, you can't take a 5-0 doing and then send the same team out the next week. What that says to people on the bench is that there's no accountability. Going to be verrry interesting to see McCall's response.
Also nice to see Naysmith consenting to an interview. Suppose it's easier when you don't need to tear strips off anyone after the game.

Don’t really know who to change tbh. Got to remember we’ve not got a massive squad so unless you’re bringing McDaid or Higgins in then you’re probably weakening the team.

Don’t want to be a voice of doom but it’s unlikely to be the only hammering we take this season. Every team will likely have one or two games where they take a proper beating and it seems like the whole season is falling to bits i.e Dunfermline two weeks ago and even St Mirren took a battering off of Morton early on last season. Like McCall said we can’t look too much into it considering we’ve seen what this Ayr team is capable of. Would be completely different if we’d started the season like Falkirk have done.

He played left back instead of his natural right back, Harvie and Doohan didn't even make the bench.

McCrorie on the bench instead of Doohan is a shambles.

One going out on loan to better himself whilst the other stupidly sits at Ibrox playing 20’s games (I know they’re now technically reserve games)

Aye, considering they played game about in Toulon in the summer as well.  Mind you McCrorie played 20 mins or so of a friendly for Rangers in the summer so is probably not far off a call up to the full squad now haha. 

Good that Smith got another 90 mins at left back as you'd think he will be there for Ayr for the next couple of games at least!

Aye, considering they played game about in Toulon in the summer as well.  Mind you McCrorie played 20 mins or so of a friendly for Rangers in the summer so is probably not far off a call up to the full squad now haha. 
Good that Smith got another 90 mins at left back as you'd think he will be there for Ayr for the next couple of games at least!
Wonder why Gemmel played Smith at LB and not a natural LB in Harvie, like the look of Harvie and creates loads of chances just needs to calm down a bit.

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Good to see the team in the bellrock, brilliant to get them in a supporters pub.

Wonder if McCall is happy about the night out because I'm pretty sure they'd rather be preparing for a game in the Irn Bru Cup tomorrow.

I'm more worried about the fact that guys around my age in Higgins and Moff still think ripped knee jeans are acceptable. 

And as for Shankland's nae socks and school / work shoes combo?  Well, it's Shankland so I love it.  

Edited by Hursty