The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, ayrmad said:

No it isn't, this is my 1st season ticket but I've always had a problem with how non ST holders who attend on a regular basis have the same standing as Rangers fans or fans of any other club ie no standing, how hard can it be to keep a database of those professing to be Ayr fans or handing out vouchers.

If I hadn't bought a season ticket my 50 years would have less standing than someone who's just decided they're an Ayr fan due to last seasons goals.

I've got a spare for anyone who's interested in PMing me, it will only be going to a name I or mine recognise.

How on earth do you expect the club to keep a database of every fan’s personal info? And how on earth do you expect fans to be okay with being on such a database?

This method is always used. Season ticket holders always have priority for tickets even if people disagree. It's the same at most clubs.
The only reason this scenario is different is due to the small allocation given by rangers. The argument is solely with that circus and shouldn't be with our club. I don't remember there being much complaint about season ticket holders having first dibs at any previous sale that went onto a general sale afterwards.
I'm not a season ticket holder myself and was accepting that I'd likely miss out. Luckily a friend had a spare [emoji16]

5 minutes ago, AuAl said:

This method is always used. Season ticket holders always have priority for tickets even if people disagree. It's the same at most clubs.
The only reason this scenario is different is due to the small allocation given by rangers. The argument is solely with that circus and shouldn't be with our club. I don't remember there being much complaint about season ticket holders having first dibs at any previous sale that went onto a general sale afterwards.
I'm not a season ticket holder myself and was accepting that I'd likely miss out. Luckily a friend had a spare emoji16.png

I don’t believe the issue is ST holders getting first dibs, it’s them getting 2 tickets. That means they can buy a ticket for a non ST holder. Even if ST holders only got one ticket, there was still a slim chance of a general sale. With 2 there was never a chance and 400/500 ST holders would also miss out on a ticket to non ST holders.

I don’t believe the issue is ST holders getting first dibs, it’s them getting 2 tickets. That means they can buy a ticket for a non ST holder. Even if ST holders only got one ticket, there was still a slim chance of a general sale. With 2 there was never a chance and 400/500 ST holders would also miss out on a ticket to non ST holders.
I agree the 2 tickets thing isn't very fair, despite the fact that I am one of the lucky non ST holders that is recieving a ticket from a ST holder friend.
However the tickets were distributed there would have been complaints and some would have felt it unfair.
I guess maybe the club thought that ST holders could get 2 tickets and give one to a fellow fan who isn't a ST holder. Seems daft to give away 2 but I suppose that's the way it's always been done.

No it isn't, this is my 1st season ticket but I've always had a problem with how non ST holders who attend on a regular basis have the same standing as Rangers fans or fans of any other club ie no standing, how hard can it be to keep a database of those professing to be Ayr fans or handing out vouchers.
If I hadn't bought a season ticket my 50 years would have less standing than someone who's just decided they're an Ayr fan due to last seasons goals.
I've got a spare for anyone who's interested in PMing me, it will only be going to a name I or mine recognise.

So how would this database work? Mainly how would it differentiate between who goes regularly or not.

How would vouchers be handed out? At a one off away game - you then have the same issue as people could just have attended a singular away game and got a voucher whereas those who might have had a season ticket for decades miss out. It’s a lose lose for the club really.

I have a season this year, didn’t last year but still attended most weeks - would it have been annoying if there was a similar situation last year? Probably, but I don’t think there is a better way of doing it. I do agree that one let season ticket holder would probably have been better however.

I very much doubt there is anyone who has decided to become an Ayr fan after last seasons goals.

Also, the boy from the Bellrock is an absolute weapon - it’s just not physically possible for most people above the age of 25 with responsibilities to attend away games regularly.

This was always going to become an 'I'm a better fan than you' debate, no matter what the club did.

I'm a ST Holder, I have a ticket for Ibrox, and I freely admit that this will be the first away game I've attended this season. Some folk may have a problem with that, but having seen us get pumped home and away by village diddies multiple times throughout my 20 years of supporting Ayr, I don't think I need to justify myself to anyone.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

So how would this database work? Mainly how would it differentiate between who goes regularly or not.

How would vouchers be handed out? At a one off away game - you then have the same issue as people could just have attended a singular away game and got a voucher whereas those who might have had a season ticket for decades miss out. It’s a lose lose for the club really.

I have a season this year, didn’t last year but still attended most weeks - would it have been annoying if there was a similar situation last year? Probably, but I don’t think there is a better way of doing it. I do agree that one let season ticket holder would probably have been better however.

I very much doubt there is anyone who has decided to become an Ayr fan after last seasons goals.

Also, the boy from the Bellrock is an absolute weapon - it’s just not physically possible for most people above the age of 25 with responsibilities to attend away games regularly.

I've no problem with ST's getting 1st dibs on a ticket each,  I do think anywhere that runs a bus regularly should be allowed to operate a system that ensures their most regular non-ST holders get a ticket(although Kerr isn't doing himself any favours), AU500 members, regular lottery purchasers and shop users should all be on a database that highlights whether they're ST holders or not, I'm not really interested whether folk go a few times a season or every game but it can't be that difficult to build a database that will catch most folk.

It's not something I've really thought about but Sunderland bombard my email so I'm on database of theirs.

I've no problem with ST's getting 1st dibs on a ticket each,  I do think anywhere that runs a bus regularly should be allowed to operate a system that ensures their most regular non-ST holders get a ticket(although Kerr isn't doing himself any favours), AU500 members, regular lottery purchasers and shop users should all be on a database that highlights whether they're ST holders or not, I'm not really interested whether folk go a few times a season or every game but it can't be that difficult to build a database that will catch most folk.
It's not something I've really thought about but Sunderland bombard my email so I'm on database of theirs.
At the end of the day it's Rangers who have caused this problem because of their issues with other clubs, I hate this I'm a better supporter than you shit, I work every 2nd Saturday so the games I can get to are limited this was one of the reasons I decided to donate to the AU500 fund every month, we all love the club and wish we could go to every game but let's be honest how many folk nowadays work a Monday to Friday job? Support the club any way you can wither that's going to games, season tickets, AU500, the lottery, buying strips etc. it all helps.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
19 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

At the end of the day it's Rangers who have caused this problem because of their issues with other clubs, I hate this I'm a better supporter than you shit, I work every 2nd Saturday so the games I can get to are limited this was one of the reasons I decided to donate to the AU500 fund every month, we all love the club and wish we could go to every game but let's be honest how many folk nowadays work a Monday to Friday job? Support the club any way you can wither that's going to games, season tickets, AU500, the lottery, buying strips etc. it all helps.

These issues will crop up again, I have never appreciated queuing up with OF fans in the past as if I'm just the same as them and I won't appreciate it in the future,what happens the next time if we're given 1500 tickets for a big game, 2 tickets for the 1000 or so ST holders and bugger the rest, most definitely. 

I've been posting similar ever since I joined.

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

And still better than Shankland ;) 

Impressive stuff to incur the Manager of the Month curse before it was even announced. At least he wont win Septembers :lol:

Each to their own, I'd have been disappointed if I couldn't score against our defence on Saturday and I'm in as good a shape as our pitch invader.

Well that's the tickets bought for rangers game, said I wouldn't be back after the last visit and there terrible antics. Not many left by all reports.

hope the guy who went on the park isn't dealt to harshly, big supporter home and away, absolutely blootered on sat, and don't know how he managed to get in to the game in the first place.