The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don't usually pay attention to the Somerset road end FB page but I have to say I did enjoy reading the comments on the post where someone was pretending to have bought around 10 tickets and was selling them at £60 each.
The meltdowns some people had were hilarious
Have to admit I was about to go ballistic until I realised it was a wind up

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:
34 minutes ago, AuAl said:
Don't usually pay attention to the Somerset road end FB page but I have to say I did enjoy reading the comments on the post where someone was pretending to have bought around 10 tickets and was selling them at £60 each.

Have to admit I was about to go ballistic until I realised it was a wind up

:lol:

Yeah the post about why all these folk don't go to every away game has caused WW3, comments quality.
I say all the regulars boycott so that we can round up all of these despicable disgusting glory hunters and banish them from the club.
#plsRangersGiveMoreTickets

“£140 plus ma petrol money” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The Bellrock is really starting to get on my tits.
Think the guy that runs the bus from there was the one who said about the glory hunters, tbh he's entitled to his opinion and I do see where he's coming from.

I mean there probably is quite a few season ticket holders who don't usually go to away games who are going to Rangers game.

This has all been brought on though by the muppets at the circus and unfortunately our club is the one which will take the brunt of it from disgruntled fans.

The idea that hundreds of season ticket holders aren't proper fans just because they don't go to all the away games is banterific.

The season ticket rule was the fairest way of minimising the amount of part-timers who only go to the big games getting their hands on the limited number of tickets. It's not ideal but if it was a complete free-for-all then there'd be far more "gloryhunters" getting tickets.

It’s all nonsense, but what I don’t agree with is 2 tickets per ST holder. That means people who don’t usually go etc can possibly get one, plus ST holders who can’t get into later may have missed out.

Agree, but sympathize with the club on how to administer this. If it was 1 per ST, and ST holders could enter a ballot for any leftover tickets (also 1 per ST) folk who got the extra ticket wouldn’t end up with their friends/family.
Ultimately the situation is due to rangers not budging on the away allocation.

5 minutes ago, gbh76 said:

Agree, but sympathize with the club on how to administer this. If it was 1 per ST, and ST holders could enter a ballot for any leftover tickets (also 1 per ST) folk who got the extra ticket wouldn’t end up with their friends/family.
Ultimately the situation is due to rangers not budging on the away allocation.

There are more season ticket holders than tickets available, so it just seems unfair that folk are able to purchase a ticket for other folk. Get your point about wanting seated with someone, however when you look at clubs like Man Utd, who have up to 20,000 fans at once entering into a ballot for 3,000 away tickets, if they want to go to the game enough they’ll sit next to any Ayr fan. Just my thoughts.

And no, I’m not jealous as I’ve not got a ticket before anyone asks :lol: been offered 2 though! Had no interest in the game in Feb and not interested in this one.

See most of the Rangers tickets if not all will have sold out by the end of today, i'm one of many who'll miss out due to not having a season ticket, game isn't even on BT so will either have to resort to home end or Rangers TV.
Still irritates me that SPFL do f**k all to intervene or have a rule in place regarding ticket allocation, will be more annoyed if it gets to the night of the game and ibrox is only half full.
There will be live stream, don't worry about that 2nd option.

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

The idea that hundreds of season ticket holders aren't proper fans just because they don't go to all the away games is banterific.

The season ticket rule was the fairest way of minimising the amount of part-timers who only go to the big games getting their hands on the limited number of tickets. It's not ideal but if it was a complete free-for-all then there'd be far more "gloryhunters" getting tickets.

No it isn't, this is my 1st season ticket but I've always had a problem with how non ST holders who attend on a regular basis have the same standing as Rangers fans or fans of any other club ie no standing, how hard can it be to keep a database of those professing to be Ayr fans or handing out vouchers.

If I hadn't bought a season ticket my 50 years would have less standing than someone who's just decided they're an Ayr fan due to last seasons goals.

I've got a spare for anyone who's interested in PMing me, it will only be going to a name I or mine recognise.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

The "Gerrard effect" is a media fantasy. Fortunately their idiot fans lap it all up and will turn out in droves for the game.

True...I'm sure i read somewhere that with the exception of scraping into the Europa groups, Gerrards record is the same as Caixinia's (sp?) so far?