The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

As much as I'm delighted that shankland is staying im not sure I'd agree that we would definetly be in the relegation fight without him. Yes we may not do as well without him but we have a good squad. A better squad than we've had at this level for a long time.

We are way more than a 1 man team at the moment, but there’s no doubt losing Shankland would have been one of the worst kick in the spuds for many a long year.  Personally I think it was Craig Moore who bid 150k - incredibly harsh that he’s getting so little game time (though there was some suggestion he is recovering from an illness of some sort?)

Pot and kettle there mate.
You certainly know what precious is - Never seen so many Queens fans saying we are overconfident and underestimating them in a match thread before.
Hope we skelp you today! For the inevitable 'Ayr didn't play well we played badly' response that all the teams who lose to us are trotting out. It's delicious and long may it continue.
I don't think even one QoS fan has said you're "underestimating" us, so you've completely made that up. I don't think there's any question that there is an air of overconfidence though.

We've done ok so far but I think the majority of our support are expecting a long hard season and certainly won't be expecting to take an easy 3 points today. Given our home record the past season or so, we never expect 3 points. I'd have been more confident playing at Somerset tbh.

55 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

We are way more than a 1 man team at the moment, but there’s no doubt losing Shankland would have been one of the worst kick in the spuds for many a long year.  Personally I think it was Craig Moore who bid 150k - incredibly harsh that he’s getting so little game time (though there was some suggestion he is recovering from an illness of some sort?)

Yeah, heard something along those lines too. Bloods show up something not quite right was the story I think - hope it is not infection indicators for the glandular fever he had before as it never quite goes away completely I heard. 

Moore has been so unlucky with illness and bizarre injuries the last few years.

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile
Clarification

I'm surprised the money being offered for him. I'm more surprised Ayr haven't taken it given he'll likely be off for nothing in the summer.

I suppose it's refreshing for a club not to take the money and run but although it's been a good start I can't imagine Ayr will be challenging at the end of the season so thought the cash would be handy.

Hypothetically speaking, a club bids £100k for Dobbie. What would your thoughts be?

1 minute ago, DanielB said:

Hypothetically speaking, a club bids £100k for Dobbie. What would your thoughts be?

Dobbie is old, a fantastic player but father time is catching up on him.

50 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think even one QoS fan has said you're "underestimating" us, so you've completely made that up. I don't think there's any question that there is an air of overconfidence though.

We've done ok so far but I think the majority of our support are expecting a long hard season and certainly won't be expecting to take an easy 3 points today. Given our home record the past season or so, we never expect 3 points. I'd have been more confident playing at Somerset tbh.

I'm coming down thinking we've a great chance of a victory but I'm not expecting anything, ftr, I don't think there are genuinely many games this season where I'll be turning up near expecting 3 points, Partick was probably the nearest only because we'd just played them.

I think the club would seriously consider it. Whether he went would be the real question. I would expect them to accept it given our current circumstances and wouldn't grudge either party. It would be a similar situation in that if we lost our star man we'd without doubt be down at the bottom.
And yet still the best the division has :D

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think the club would seriously consider it. Whether he went would be the real question. I would expect them to accept it given our current circumstances and wouldn't grudge either party. It would be a similar situation in that if we lost our star man we'd without doubt be down at the bottom.

I'd still prefer Shankland.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I love Dobbie, but there’s not a single player in the league I’d swap Shankland for.

I love Dobbie, but there’s not a single player in the league I’d swap Shankland for.

You silly sausages.

In all seriousness, it'll be good to see Shankland today*. The last time I saw him was with Morton and he looked a podgy mess. When I noticed him scoring for Ayr I assumed it was another Shankland.

Ironically he is kind of similar to Dobbs in that he was highly thought of at a big club but didn't cut it, went on a good loan spell, floated about a bit and now seems to be showing form that'll possibly earn him a move to a level higher than his original club (Dons, not QP).

He seems to have 'got his shit together' a lot sooner than Dobbie did so you never know what the future holds for the boy. And it seems to be McCall who has got him to get the finger out; as was the case with Dobbie.

*Though I'll of course be hoping he has an off day.

Dobbie was at School with my Great grandfather. 

Though an excellent player, I'd still have Shankland over Dobbie. Shankland has a good decade to prove that he is a seriously talented player and go on to bigger clubs and caps and so on.... 

Dobbie, no disrespect, is on the come down. Nearing 40. Still good for his age but I think he's soon going to end it all. *

*his footballing career. 

Edited by Roxanne's man
POT NOODLE 50P AT ASDA!!! QUICK!!!!

Well that's us been brought back down to earth with an almighty crash landing, get the feeling Falkirk after McCall and clubs bidding for Shankland has affected the club and team more than i certainly expected, still no excuse. When we have a game where our defence isn't at the races and the guys up top aren't going to score it was never going to end pretty.

Important now that we bounce back and that McCall gets everyone lifted again and works hard with them over the next two weeks, not ideal having no game next Saturday to bounce back as quickly as possible.

Next two games now look a lot more difficult to win than i would have said this time yesterday, a Falkirk team who'll be up for it with first game under McKinnon and then Alloa away where we have a pretty poor record on an awkward pitch and they never make it easy as shown today.

The bubble was always going to burst but it exploded today. 

Kerr and Harvie both lost their heads. Harvie will definitely need to sit on the bench once he serves his suspension that was so stupid today!

I would also probably drop Kerr, move Crawford into the middle and play McDaid on the left against Falkirk.

Pot and kettle there mate.
You certainly know what precious is - Never seen so many Queens fans saying we are overconfident and underestimating them in a match thread before.
Hope we skelp you today! For the inevitable 'Ayr didn't play well we played badly' response that all the teams who lose to us are trotting out. It's delicious and long may it continue.
Dobbie was at School with my Great grandfather. 
Though an excellent player, I'd still have Shankland over Dobbie. Shankland has a good decade to prove that he is a seriously talented player and go on to bigger clubs and caps and so on.... 
Dobbie, no disrespect, is on the come down. Nearing 40. Still good for his age but I think he's soon going to end it all. *
*his footballing career. 
.tapatalk_1535876814383.jpeg