The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

52 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

You'd think he  just got the all clear after reading the last few comments. He's not terminal non Ayr fans, he just turned down a job.

A decision which I am 99% certain is a massive positive for Ayr Utd, and one in which he could easily have made the oppsite choice.  

Our manager being sought out by a bigger club in the same league and knocking the move back is a big moment for us IMO.  If we kick off on Saturday with McCall in charge and Shankland leading the line then I think we can all feel pretty pleased about things. 

4 minutes ago, Panda Pies said:
15 minutes ago, AuAl said:
Anyone know what happened with the supposed return of the somerset ragazzi? I'm sure I saw a lot  of chat about it somewhere a wee while ago? 

They signed for Falkirk.

No loyalty in football these days 

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Quite worried about any possible repercussions as a result of this. Poor

What one? Attending K*llie College or giving the one fingered salute on a daily basis to the grounds in which the soap dodgers play? 

I don't think anybody feels threatened by a man, standing 5"7 tall, built like a shrimp, giving obscenities towards an empty stadium. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

11 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

What one? Attending K*llie College or giving the one fingered salute on a daily basis to the grounds in which the soap dodgers play? 

I don't think anybody feels threatened by a man, standing 5"7 tall, built like a shrimp, giving obscenities towards an empty stadium. 

Soz was being sarcastic

Also.... built like a shrimp? A shrimp??

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t understand why he would even talk to them if he wanted to stay with us, all quite bizarre

Might have a soft spot for Falkirk, so did them a courtesy of hearing them out and then declining. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

8 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Might have a soft spot for Falkirk, so did them a courtesy of hearing them out and then declining. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

That sounds a good enough reason. Anyway, no harm is done because he said No to them.

See Jack Ruddy has gone on loan to FC Jumilla who are in the 3rd division of Spanish football, felt a bit sorry at times for the stick Ruddy got but it was a move which was never going to work after going with youth gk failed in the first half of the season.

Is it true what i've heard about McCall not having a contract or certainly not one of any length, if so wtf is that about????

It’d be slightly concerning and surprising if he’s not working on an annual contract.

I’m hoping he did actually sign a contract in the summer and it wasn’t made a big deal of.

I’d also be surprised if players like Shankland and Crawford signed on if he’s working on such a contract. I’d expect the commitment and reassurances from McCall along with a certain degree of loyalty to him went a long way to convincing them to stay with us.

Is it true what i've heard about McCall not having a contract or certainly not one of any length, if so wtf is that about????
Someone on SRE is saying he's worked without a fixed term contract previously to give Lachlan the room to remove him if it went tits up. Still at present I'm riding on such a high that I would rather we gave him what he wants and built a 40ft revolving gold statue similar to the one in the Tajikistani capital in McCalls honour.