The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

^ This.  I can't believe someone suggested Roberts ahead of Moffat. I almost fell off my seat!

They were completely different players when they played together, but with Moffat’s advancing years he has become far more like a Roberts type player. Both incredibly clever players.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

It's probably a bit early to be talking about Shankland as a club legend, however give it another couple of months.

If he ends up top scorer in the division or helps us stay up the table then he will be for sure.

6 minutes ago, AyrshireRon said:

If he ends up top scorer in the division or helps us stay up the table then he will be for sure.

Yes, no doubt about that,  I was just meaning that he hadn't played long enough with us or achieved enough so far to be granted "club legend" status (in my opinion), of course there's no doubt that he already has the status of one of the best players in the modern era to have worn our shirt and that can't be taken away irrespective of how long he stays.

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

They were completely different players when they played together, but with Moffat’s advancing years he has become far more like a Roberts type player. Both incredibly clever players.

I would say Moff is one of the better players at Ayr united atm. My fear is that either Shankland or Moff get injured, the hold up play that Moff has, no other player in the team has.

Nobody else would bang them in like Shankland either. 

We saw at the Queens Park game that the likes of Craig Moore and Luke McGowan need more game time before being fully considered for the first team, as they aren't bad players. 

I touch wood that nobody gets injured, as this run of form and type of play hasn't been seen at Somerset for far too long. At least until the Rangers game, I think Ayr could give that lot a shock. 

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, no doubt about that,  I was just meaning that he hadn't played long enough with us or achieved enough so far to be granted "club legend" status (in my opinion), of course there's no doubt that he already has the status of one of the best players in the modern era to have worn our shirt and that can't be taken away irrespective of how long he stays.

Very true, you don't see many club legends with less than at least 50 apps.

I would say Moff is one of the better players at Ayr united atm. My fear is that either Shankland or Moff get injured, the hold up play that Moff has, no other player in the team has.
Nobody else would bang them in like Shankland either. 
We saw at the Queens Park game that the likes of Craig Moore and Luke McGowan need more game time before being fully considered for the first team, as they aren't bad players. 
I touch wood that nobody gets injured, as this run of form and type of play hasn't been seen at Somerset for far too long. At least until the Rangers game, I think Ayr could give that lot a shock. 

I have no idea why you’re putting Craig Moore in the same bracket as Luke McCowan.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I have no idea why you’re putting Craig Moore in the same bracket as Luke McCowan.

Injury prone :-/

Otherwise First team material. Though Moff and Shankland works spectacularly. I can't find any place for Moore other than Bench warmer atm, fantastic player though and could be the Awesome super sub. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

McGowan looked the better of the two against Queens Park. 

If you didnt know Moore's history you would have thought he was useless he was lucky if he touched the ball twice in that game.

32 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

McGowan looked the better of the two against Queens Park. 

If you didnt know Moore's history you would have thought he was useless he was lucky if he touched the ball twice in that game.

So one bad game puts him on par with a youth player? Wild.!

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Moffat has lost his pace as he's got older but he's a much better all-round player now than he was in his first spell. He's like a fine wine.

It's a shame that he didn't play at Senior level until his mid-20's because he could have had a great career.

40 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

So one bad game puts him on par with a youth player? Wild.!

Not at all. Craig Moore is a great wee striker. Though up front, other than Moore, Shankland and Moffat, who else have Ayr got? 

The way Ayr are playing with Moff and Shankland working magic in attack, I think things could go tits up if one of the three attackers gets injured. *touches wood.*

It would be great to see Mcgowan have a few minutes at the end of a few games, give him the valued first team game time he needs. 

Aye, ok, he is a younger player but he is a HELL of a lot better than what Sean McKenzie was imo. 

Craig Moore is a very good penalty box hard working striker who runs himself into the ground for the team, if he stayed injury free and was in the starting 11 would easily score 10 to 15 goals this season, the problem for him is we have a front two that are playing out if this world, I was one of the guys last season who was gagging to see Moore, Shankland and Moffat in the same team but McCall ain't going to that and TBH playing Moffat that wee but deeper wastes him then you have the option of Moore and Shankland upfront together just doesn't work unfortunately they cancel each other out, we should just be happy that we have the forward options we have this season and are not in position we were in the last time we were in the championship.

58 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Reading it back I suppose I did... :blink:

You were not wrong tbf. 

I wasn't stating Moore was in same bracket as McCowan, just saying if Ayr were to have injuries in attack *touches more wood* they would need to fall back on both Moore and McCowan. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

You were not wrong tbf. 
I wasn't stating Moore was in same bracket as McCowan, just saying if Ayr were to have injuries in attack *touches more wood* they would need to fall back on both Moore and McCowan. 

Moore maybe but I think McCall would play McDaid or Forrest up front before throwing McCowan into the mix. That’s not a criticism of McCall but McDaid has been moved up front a few times already this season so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him play there if we had injuries.