The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Like your optimism but no chance that many folk would go to Somerset to watch one of those teams, struggled to get 4,000 for sevco last season.
1998 there was 9200, 1999 there was 10, 100 and 2017 the was 6400, both teams on a bit of a high, chance to get to a national cup semi final plus it's us v them I do think we could get near the 7000 if not more.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

How would you feel if we got hearts at home? I think we would beat them too

Other than the ugly sisters, I think this team could give anyone else in the draw a game at Somerset and have a good chance of progressing tbh.

Maybe I'm getting carried away but do you think that McLeish will be even thinking of Shankland for the Scotland squad coming up, I know he's scoring at a lower level but McGinn was in squads when hibs were in the champ, he's the most inform Scottish striker going just now and the way he holds the ball up and brings the midfield into the game would suit us, as I said I'm probably just going OTT on this wave of optimism but I really think we could do worse.

Don’t really know why anyone would want Hearts away, would be incredibly hard to progress. Not even a Saturday either so not a great day out.

Equally I don’t understand why people want Celtic for the money. We are one game away from a semi final! The worst team possible at home for me.

Maybe I'm getting carried away but do you think that McLeish will be even thinking of Shankland for the Scotland squad coming up, I know he's scoring at a lower level but McGinn was in squads when hibs were in the champ, he's the most inform Scottish striker going just now and the way he holds the ball up and brings the midfield into the game would suit us, as I said I'm probably just going OTT on this wave of optimism but I really think we could do worse.

Jason Cummings was banging them in at this level for 3 years and I don’t think he got a call up until he moved to Rangers.

It’s a funny one with Shankland. He’s been doubted at every turn but people don’t realise that his ability to score goals will shine through at any level. It’s the hard work outside that like holding the ball up, getting into the right positions and outsmarting defenders that gets harder as you go up the leagues. The goals in the Premiership are the same size in all the other leagues in Scotland so naturally if he gets into the right positions or does the right stuff during a game then of course he’s going to score.

A lot of Rangers fans saying on Twitter he’ll be another Nicky Clark. He’ll only score in the smaller divisions but won’t be able to make the step up to a bigger club. Nicky Clark scored a lot of goals in League 1 but he doesn’t have the natural finishing ability that Shankland does.

39 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

:lol:

He's good, he's not THAT good.

He is also only the joint top scoring striker at this level incidentally.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

:lol:

He's good, he's not THAT good.

He is also only the joint top scoring striker at this level incidentally.

The Dobbie versus Shankland goalscoring contest is pretty amusing.

Who would have thought they would both have 11 goals in the middle of August? Incredible, I wouldn't swap Shankland for Dobbie though. You can keep him!

"Everybody loves Lawrence Shankland"

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Still seeing Ayr United fans on twitter saying we can’t afford to turn down a decent bid for Shankland.

What the f**k is wrong with these people.

Depending on our draw, his goals yesterday could earn us quarter of a million FFS.

Yeah, I understand it from fans from other clubs but hearing our own fans perpetuating the myth is so annoying.

Also, where did £250k come from?

As far as I'm aware it's just media bs. I haven't seen anything from the manager or the club stating that's what our asking price is. 

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Jason Cummings was banging them in at this level for 3 years and I don’t think he got a call up until he moved to Rangers.

It’s a funny one with Shankland. He’s been doubted at every turn but people don’t realise that his ability to score goals will shine through at any level. It’s the hard work outside that like holding the ball up, getting into the right positions and outsmarting defenders that gets harder as you go up the leagues. The goals in the Premiership are the same size in all the other leagues in Scotland so naturally if he gets into the right positions or does the right stuff during a game then of course he’s going to score.

A lot of Rangers fans saying on Twitter he’ll be another Nicky Clark. He’ll only score in the smaller divisions but won’t be able to make the step up to a bigger club. Nicky Clark scored a lot of goals in League 1 but he doesn’t have the natural finishing ability that Shankland does.

Who gives a toss what the sevco fans think ? They're not exactly renowned for their brain power and they'd be better sticking to what they do best, ie, attacking women and children and singing offensive songs at anyone and everyone plus not to forget the hero worshiping of a useless foreigner who's been dead for over 300 years.......................