The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That's another £100k+ on Shanklands price tag today !!

All joking aside, not only is that a great result for us as fans but it's also great from a financial perspective for our club.

Roll on a good draw for us tomorrow and maybe a TV game so we can show everyone how good a side we actually are and maybe then everyone will start to take us seriously, if they haven't now started.....................

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

How long does the lad Shankland have his contract with you? His value must be shooting through the roof at the minute.

12 months. 

We have a young fit and hungry side who all get on and enjoy playing together, of course, there's no doubt Shankland is the star, but we are far more than a 1 man team..............

Was your best player today. Shankland got the goals but was otherwise quiet. The other lad was a constant menace. Could do with him in our team!

I thought Shankland was pretty anonymous today until he got his goal. But once he did the confidence was bursting out him and bringing McDaid on meant he had someone to play in behind once he’d received the ball.

I’ve never seen an Ayr player so capable of planting defenders on their arse as Crawford is.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought Shankland was pretty anonymous today until he got his goal. But once he did the confidence was bursting out him and bringing McDaid on meant he had someone to play in behind once he’d received the ball.

I’ve never seen an Ayr player so capable of planting defenders on their arse as Crawford is.

Took his goals well and that's all you can ask of a proper striker - if only we had the same! If you lads can keep that team together you can push for a play off spot in my opinion. 

Much as I'd fancy a crack at Celtic in the next round, it might be tough to beat them without our keeper.
Jeezo! Rewind a year or so and you would be worrying about keeping it down to single figures against that shower.
Live the dream Ayr boys...live the dream.

I don't want either of the ugly sisters, I want that feeling from 2001 again (the one before kickoff lol) how great would it be to get to a final again we are now only 2 games away, give me a Motherwell or St Jonstone at Somerset we would have nothing to fear, and who knows what could happen in a semi this team is capable of doing something!

We’re a game away from Hampden.

If Hibs beat Ross County tomorrow then we’ll be drawn against a Premiership team so make it one that we’ve got a chance against.

I’d say St Johnstone and Motherwell are the two teams already through that we could give a game.

If Hibs beat Ross County tomorrow then we’ll be drawn against a Premiership team so make it one that we’ve got a chance against.

I’d say St Johnstone and Motherwell are the two teams already through that we could give a game.
I'd also not be worried about them up the the road they don't seam as good without Mulumbu this season, I reckon at home we could get close to 8 or 9 thousand this time.

Would either take St Johnstone or Motherwell to be able to possibly dream of another semi-final at Hampden.

However i'd happily take one of the old firm away in the next round because that could give us a bumper pay day and could give us enough to be able to knock back a huge bid for Shankland.

On Shankland though, performance today has only heightened speculation but i think the board must be surely seeing now that Shankland is worth more than money to this club. Reckon the only club who'll possibly look for him is Hearts if they lost Lafferty to sevco which worries me quite a lot.

For the draw just don't be Aberdeen away or one of the circuses at home, bet you it'll be one of them now i've said that, btw when is the draw tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
6 minutes ago, D said:

I'd also not be worried about them up the the road they don't seam as good without Mulumbu this season, I reckon at home we could get close to 8 or 9 thousand this time.

Like your optimism but no chance that many folk would go to Somerset to watch one of those teams, struggled to get 4,000 for sevco last season.