The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I agree on Moffat, however I do think both Crawford & Forrest are also a huge miss and can also play the link up of play brilliantly, so we're not doomed just by taking Moff out the team.

Taking nothing away from Queens Park as it was a competitive fixture, however personally I'm pleased that we're out and can now concentrate on the important competitions.

Yes, It's been a long time since I've had that "Billy Bigtime" attitude.........................

9 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Do you think Mccann had scouts at that game? Laughing their head off at how shit it was, To see how Ayr play and so on.... 

Not the worst result in this cup for Ayr, I'm sure Ayr got trounced by Annan not long after they became a SPFL team, something like 4-0....

I don't remember this 4-0 game you are talking about, but I do remember losing 1-0 to Annan at Somerset because it burst my football coupon that day. 

McCalls comments in his post match interview suggest Geggan could now be a makeshift right mid :rolleyes:

Don’t really have an issue with this. He’s completely right saying we can’t play with two attacking full backs and wide players in certain games.

One of those competitions that doesn't mean a jot to anyone until the actual final itself. Making 7 changes shows that its considerably far down our list of priorities. Looking forward to Dundee on Saturday in a meaningful competition, will be great to gauge what we are capable of.

17 minutes ago, Sludden123 said:

I don't remember this 4-0 game you are talking about, but I do remember losing 1-0 to Annan at Somerset because it burst my football coupon that day. 

You're probably right. I do remember Ayr getting humped by some team though... Can't remember who. :-S

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I agree on Moffat, however I do think both Crawford & Forrest are also a huge miss and can also play the link up of play brilliantly, so we're not doomed just by taking Moff out the team.

Id have Crawford in the middle next to Murdoch. The Farmer at the back instead of Bell. Mcdaid on the left and the partnership of Moffat and Shankland up front. Forrest/Mcguffie on right? 

45 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

McCalls comments in his post match interview suggest Geggan could now be a makeshift right mid :rolleyes:

Or Geggan. Forrest and Mcguffie on bench? It's a hard one now, too many to choose from. 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Id have Crawford in the middle next to Murdoch. The Farmer at the back instead of Bell. Mcdaid on the left and the partnership of Moffat and Shankland up front. Forrest/Mcguffie on right? 

Or Geggan. Forrest and Mcguffie on bench? It's a hard one now, too many to choose from. 

Along with Robbie, Shanks and Moff, I'd say Forrest has been one of our best performers so far and would have to be an "automatic" selection for me.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Along with Robbie, Shanks and Moff, I'd say Forrest has been one of our best performers so far and would have to be an "automatic" selection for me.

Yeah, agreed. It's where to put him though :-S behind Moffat and Shankland? 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Could be an option as not sure we have a first choice player there. Forrest has played well this season but still don’t think he likes playing out wide and does most of his good work in the middle. 

I supposen it all depends on formation and whether we want to go all out attacking with our diminutive flair players or add a bit more steel to the midfield with Geggan in beside Kerr.

Doohan

Smith

Harvey

Adams

Rose

Kerr

Murdoch

Crawford

Shankland

Forrest

Moffat

I'd say that team more or less picks itself, however we then  have McDaid, Geggan, Moore as 3 guys who would all feel very unfortunate to miss out and of course Bell hasn't put a foot wrong since signing and Ferguson has also done a decent job when called upon. We've also got Docherty still fighting his way back to full match fitness and it really does confirm just how strong this squad is at the moment.

A nice problem to have for a change..............

3 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

That was one of the most excruciating games I have ever watched. Defensively we were never troubled but going forward, jesus christ we were bloody awful. Last season it actually scared me how blunt we look without Moffat. He’s in his 30’s now and his position and role is very hard to play 90 minutes every week. There’s just no player in the team that offers what he does in that final third with his link up play, passing and movement. And although that was a two bob cup game, it just reinforces it. 

We look to have an excellent player in almost every position but the problem is if any position has an injury, the replacement looks nowhere near as good. Possibly only right back with Geggan/Smith and centre half with Bell for either Rose/Adams but other than that  any injury to our first choice 11 would weaken us. That’s where we are but it’s definitely worrying and shows we don’t have strength in depth. We’ve got cover for all positions now but that’s all it is.

I’m glad this knicker-wetting over losing a diddy cup game has been largely ignored.

Pretty sure Geggan played right-mid in one of our demolitions of Raith last season.
It really isn’t the worst idea, especially in the tougher games.
The first game at Somerset against Raith last season, he was brilliant that game in fact I don't think Vaughn was The same player after that game he dominated him so much.