The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Edmond Dantès said:

No one likes that pishy cup anyway. I don't mind that we're out of that.

But to Queens Park. That's a knock on the confidence a bit. Jordan Hart in nets and led by a DKB. 

We should really focus on the league, challenge cup is a lot of crap anyway. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

No injuries, only one booking, players given a run-out that were needing it and no extra time........out of a cup no one can remember who won the year before bar the finalists early. 

Not the worst of evenings. 

Agreed  ,but would have liked a win.

Positive.. another clean sheet.

Anyone know who scored our penalties?

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Rose and Sir Lawrence. The dullest game I’ve ever sat through, thank god it’s over.

I missed this partnership of Shankland and the Moff.

Craig Moore is a great wee player but didn't have anyone beside him to hold the ball. Tbf McCowan wasn't bad either, just didn't go Ayrs way on a pissy Tuesday night. Hopefully Ayr can get their act together for Saturday. 

Rose and Sir Lawrence. The dullest game I’ve ever sat through, thank god it’s over.
Last time we played QP in the cup at Hampden shades it for me. It showed the real creative talent we have in players like Moff tonight not having him in the squad.

The tails certainly went up as soon as Shankland came on. Shows how influential he is.

Good to see some of the young lads on, was hoping Hare-Reid would get a crack between the sticks. Moore looks a fair bit off fully fit, but it's not an easy illness to recover from quickly.

Wasn’t at the game but not overly concerned with the results. From the team that started tonight I’d expect only Doohan, Smith, Harvie, Rose and Murdoch to be definate starters when everyone is fit however the team we put out should have been strong enough to beat shite like Queens Park. 

Did Hart get much of a reception? 

We go again on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Isn't it great to have depth in an Ayr squad :-) 

Let's go pump Gus MacPhersons amatuers! 

DEXATI20180814193920.png

run that "depth" bit by me again would you, although I'm guessing an Killie player is having quite the chortle at your expense tonight, or to continue your Blazing Saddles theme....Roxanne's man just pawn in game of life :lol::lol::lol:

Absolutely terrible sitting through that, no atmosphere no nothing been about six times up there and never seen a good Ayr performance yet

couldnt get going all night and when big Gerry keeps winning everything you know you've been p---, think the doc needs to get somewhere to get his game together even for a couple of months although on that form he'd struggle to get a game anywhere

new right back looks a decent player got  up and down all night.

10 for them  billy mortimer looked a right good  young player and gave Harvie  quite a hard time one to watch good luck to queens there work performance got them that result tonight.

That performance was insipid.

It shows what a big player Moffat is for us. Was it 88 mins before we had a shot on target?

McGuffie, Docherty, McDaid, McCowan & Moore didn't really do themselves any favours wrt. getting into the starting 11.

Only positive was another clean sheet. The goalie and defense played well.

Edited by Trogdor
Typos

A few things from tonight.

Shankland is superb. Nobody can dispute that. However Moffat is without a shadow of a doubt our most important attacking player. Every attack goes through him and without him tonight it showed what a miss he is. I like Moore but you can't have him and Shankland as a partnership. One of them can play alongside Moffat and unless Shankland is sold or gets injured Moore will have to make do with appearances off the bench. 

Liam Smith looks good. Got forward a lot and his delivery into the box is good but Moore isn't the type of striker thats going to get on the end of crosses so it was a bit wasted. He'll be a vital player for us this season though.

Docherty was poor but I'm putting that down to the fact that it was his first start in ages and he's not quite up to speed yet. Kerr should get the nod ahead of him for now but hopefully Docherty does enough to get an extension past January.

We didn't look like conceding. 6 clean sheets in a row and although it was against QP  it will be another confidence boost for young Doohan in goals. Pulled a really good save off in the first half as well. 

I though McCowan looked ok but was restricted in terms of having very little space. I'm still not sure what position he is but he looked better in the first half when played as a number 10 compared to when he was pushed out wide in the second half. 

That performance was insipid.
It shows what a big player Moffat is for us. Was it 88 mins before we had a shot on target?
McGuffie, Docherty, McDaid, McCowan & Moore didn't really do themselves any favours wrt. getting into the starting 11.
Only positive was another clean sheet. The goalie and defense played well.

Thought McCowan was the better of the front two tonight. Made a couple of decent moves but had no one to play onto. Not enough to convince me he's 3rd choice but certainly looked the sharper of the two, whether that was down to fitness or not is a different question.

30 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Absolutely terrible sitting through that, no atmosphere no nothing been about six times up there and never seen a good Ayr performance yet

couldnt get going all night and when big Gerry keeps winning everything you know you've been p---, think the doc needs to get somewhere to get his game together even for a couple of months although on that form he'd struggle to get a game anywhere

new right back looks a decent player got  up and down all night.

10 for them  billy mortimer looked a right good  young player and gave Harvie  quite a hard time one to watch good luck to queens there work performance got them that result tonight.

At least you got to sit behind me.

Just hope this result tonight doesn't lose us momentum in the upward spiral the club has been on for a while and affects us for Saturday. Although we lost to a team two leagues below us tonight in a diddy cup it still doesn't put us in the best place for heading to a Premiership team in the last 16 of the league cup on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Oh well Ayr mad at least we know who we are now enjoyed the banter and at least we agreed on most things

Unfortunately the banter and seeing Smith were the only positives tonight, I hate to think what the 2 pies I ate are going to do through the night.

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just hope this result tonight doesn't lose us momentum in the upward spiral the club has been on for a while and affects us for Saturday. Although we lost to a team two leagues below us tonight in a diddy cup it still doesn't put us in the best place for heading to a Premiership team in the last 16 of the league cup on Saturday.

Do you think Mccann had scouts at that game? Laughing their head off at how shit it was, To see how Ayr play and so on.... 

Not the worst result in this cup for Ayr, I'm sure Ayr got trounced by Annan not long after they became a SPFL team, something like 4-0....

That was one of the most excruciating games I have ever watched. Defensively we were never troubled but going forward, jesus christ we were bloody awful. Last season it actually scared me how blunt we look without Moffat. He’s in his 30’s now and his position and role is very hard to play 90 minutes every week. There’s just no player in the team that offers what he does in that final third with his link up play, passing and movement. And although that was a two bob cup game, it just reinforces it. 

We look to have an excellent player in almost every position but the problem is if any position has an injury, the replacement looks nowhere near as good. Possibly only right back with Geggan/Smith and centre half with Bell for either Rose/Adams but other than that  any injury to our first choice 11 would weaken us. That’s where we are but it’s definitely worrying and shows we don’t have strength in depth. We’ve got cover for all positions now but that’s all it is.

Edited by Calayrdonia