The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm sure the highest transfer fee we paid was for Sammy Johnston, Allan Johnstons brother. He lasted about about a season before we swapped him to Partick for the late Cammy Duncan. I think we paid £150k for him.  It spawned the headline Sammy for Cammy but hammy jammy because one of them had a dodgy hamstring. 

Hibs to sign Shankland over the weekend 300k plus add ons 
Done deal 

They’ve just signed Kamberi and MacLaren. On top of that they’ve got a very promising young striker in Oli Shaw and Martin Boyle has also been used up front under Lennon.

Why would they then be so interested in Shankland?

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’ve just signed Kamberi and MacLaren. On top of that they’ve got a very promising young striker in Oli Shaw and Martin Boyle has also been used up front under Lennon.

Why would they then be so interested in Shankland?

For the song I wrote! 

I totally knew it would take off :-) 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I have a question do you ever sleep???

Not until I know Shankland isn't leaving. I know for fact he isn't going to Hibs, I'd like to know where this guy gets his info. 

I think 300k is still too low for the talent that boy has been showing. 

This coming from the guy who the other day said a deal for him to go to Dundee or or wherever it was had been done, doesn't appear to have happened funnily enough.

Bet you this new member is probably some killie fan on the wind up.

51 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm sure the highest transfer fee we paid was for Sammy Johnston, Allan Johnstons brother. He lasted about about a season before we swapped him to Partick for the late Cammy Duncan. I think we paid £150k for him.  It spawned the headline Sammy for Cammy but hammy jammy because one of them had a dodgy hamstring. 

I don't remember us ever paying £150k for a player, I remember us getting about £70k +
2 players for Sproat, what a transfer that was for a keeper 40 years ago.

This coming from the guy who the other day said a deal for him to go to Dundee or or wherever it was had been done, doesn't appear to have happened funnily enough.

Bet you this new member is probably some killie fan on the wind up.

I have a work mate that is Killie fan he was the one that said about Erwin going and them wanting shankland, I think he’d fit well there unfortunately but I don’t think he would do that to us

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I think he’d fit well there unfortunately but I don’t think he would do that to us

I don't think Lachlan or Mccall would allow it either.

Until there is an offer on the table, all these possible teams that Shankland may or may not be going to, will be endless. 

He is an Ayr player just now and until somebody gives Ayr his weight in Gold, he's going nowhere. I'd certainly hope that he would move to a team better than Kil*arnock, if he were to move on. 

All this scout pish is doing my head in. 

Scouts are paid to watch players, also the teams they play in. Paid to watch opposition they may play against. Tactics etc. 

My mate Graham is a hibs scout and he was at the stenny game. His exact words were “ I’m here to  watch how 10, 12 and 11” manage the trifecta onto their strong foots from different positions. 

Think about it! Mcguffie is naturally left, McDaid naturally right and Forrest playing in the hole. 

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Sammy Johnston was a God and could have become our greatest player in history if not for his knees going and Ally playing a blinder to dump him on Thistle for Cammy Duncan.

Is Cammy Duncan dead ?? If so, what happened to him ??