The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Apparently Erwin is going to an Iranian team and killie are chasing shankland

Does Donald Trump know about this ????

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

More money in the game down there, it wasn't that long ago that we paid around £150k for Peter Weir and £150k then would probably be the equivalent of £500k + nowadays.

I'm pretty sure lots of these clubs will also be running up major debts and taking the gamble on league progression, again, that was tried up here back in the 90's and wasn't exactly a roaring success. I'm pretty sure England is just going through the "boom" a little later than us and I'm also pretty sure the "bust" when it inevitably comes will be much worse than it was up here and will be nothing other than total carnage for many............

We didn't pay £150k for Peter Weir, I'm not sure we actually paid a fee for him.. Our most expensive purchase was either Gary Teale or Mark Campbell, and neither of them cost that much.

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
8 minutes ago, rb123! said:
Take it the stupid posts on the SRE about Grimsby and Luton for Shankland are a load of shite.

Hope so, less than 24hrs and this crap about down south can all stop to January

Can't come any quicker! Then it'll only be the Dundee link that folk will talk about, which is also the same degree of crap imo. 

49 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

We paid around 50k for Weir is my recollection.  

Now I think about it, that sounds familiar. Don't we really got our money's worth there, apart from that free kick at Douglas Park.

39 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Now I think about it, that sounds familiar. Don't we really got our money's worth there, apart from that free kick at Douglas Park.

We did pay 60k for Mickey Reynolds but unfortunately he wasn't a patch on his former Emley compadre.