The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Tomorrow's going to be like us waiting for him to re-sign in the summer, could we not get our excitement spread out over many seasons rather than a handful of months.

Good seeing Faulds has got a loan move to get some game time.  Seems pretty obvious McCall doesn't feel the young players have what he is looking for to actually be involved so getting them game time elsewhere is good. 

44 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Cardle is at the end of his career. Wee pay day for him down there and possibly getting his coaching badges? Shankland much better than that. An Ayr Utd Xl scudded they diddies.

59 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m sure they do but that’s two players in completely different stages of their careers.

It was a great move for Cardle, after getting released by us, Fylde are right beside his hometown. 

I just chucked in that he'd move there as evidence that Fylde are evidently aware of the Scottish market, and by all means it does look like they have fantastic facilities, certainly better than anything at this level up here. 

Good seeing Faulds has got a loan move to get some game time.  Seems pretty obvious McCall doesn't feel the young players have what he is looking for to actually be involved so getting them game time elsewhere is good. 
Did McGuffie the world of good when he went to the glens, the issue with putting the young players in the team is it's already a young team think the average age is about 24 they are going to have to be ready right now to dislodge any of the current team.

Doc & Co are going to struggle to get into our starting 11 at the moment never mind the kids, hopefully one or 2 of the youngsters will still announce themselves this season.

19 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Always knew Dundee was behind the times...

You’re about an hour late with this revelation.

It's been on our thread for about 18 hoursish. 

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It was a great move for Cardle, after getting released by us, Fylde are right beside his hometown. 

I just chucked in that he'd move there as evidence that Fylde are evidently aware of the Scottish market, and by all means it does look like they have fantastic facilities, certainly better than anything at this level up here. 

They do look like they have some fantastic facilities. Just astounds me that a club like the size of them, no bigger in terms of attendances Ayr Utds size, can afford it plus flinging 150k bids about.

22 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
25 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Did McGuffie the world of good when he went to the glens, the issue with putting the young players in the team is it's already a young team think the average age is about 24 they are going to have to be ready right now to dislodge any of the current team.

Good to seem them going out on loan, but would like to see them maybe go to a SPFL league club  or Lowland league.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

They do look like they have some fantastic facilities. Just astounds me that a club like the size of them, no bigger in terms of attendances Ayr Utds size, can afford it plus flinging 150k bids about.

Good to seem them going out on loan, but would like to see them maybe go to a SPFL league club  or Lowland league.

More money in the game down there, it wasn't that long ago that we paid around £150k for Peter Weir and £150k then would probably be the equivalent of £500k + nowadays.

I'm pretty sure lots of these clubs will also be running up major debts and taking the gamble on league progression, again, that was tried up here back in the 90's and wasn't exactly a roaring success. I'm pretty sure England is just going through the "boom" a little later than us and I'm also pretty sure the "bust" when it inevitably comes will be much worse than it was up here and will be nothing other than total carnage for many............

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

My worry is, with any of the younger players, that if they do go out on loan that they can be recalled at any time. The Squad Ayr has atm is quite small and maybe need a younger, less experienced player as backup for injury. They can't be bad players if they were originally stated in the Squad. 

Touch wood that we stay relatively injury free. 

9 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

A quick search of them and it seems a lot of new fans flocked to them after their new stadium was  built, which  is more  like a shopping centre with a football stadium  in it.

AFC Fylde is a complete backwards step for Shankland. English National League clubs obviously completely underestimating the Scottish championship by offering only that amount.
It's more than Dundee offered.

It's a reasonable offer but fortunately it's not going to tempt either the club or the player (hopefully).