The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

UNITED WITH PRIDE

OUT NOW

Download this song to support your local band and your local team. Lets get this song in the Scottish Download charts. Put Ayr on the map

AVAILABLE AT ALL MAJOR DIGITAL OUTLETS

DOWNLOAD VIA THE BANDCAMP LINK BELOW AND 100% OF ALL PROFIT WILL GO DIRECTLY TO THE AU500 FUND for Official Ayr United FC Page

www.seasidesons.bandcamp.com

Seaside Sons.jpg

2 hours ago, shinglis said:

UNITED WITH PRIDE

OUT NOW

Download this song to support your local band and your local team. Lets get this song in the Scottish Download charts. Put Ayr on the map

AVAILABLE AT ALL MAJOR DIGITAL OUTLETS

DOWNLOAD VIA THE BANDCAMP LINK BELOW AND 100% OF ALL PROFIT WILL GO DIRECTLY TO THE AU500 FUND for Official Ayr United FC Page

www.seasidesons.bandcamp.com

Seaside Sons.jpg

Fantastic!

Song stuck in my head for the day! :-) 

31 minutes ago, Newmember said:

2 k min in the championship some are paying 5k plus per week some players at  Sunderland on 30k plus lol

You seen to know a lot about what football players are on. Away back to the Somerset Road End  Facebook page Ally, your intelligence and great wit is just lost on this thread. 

32 minutes ago, Newmember said:

2 k min in the championship some are paying 5k plus per week some players at  Sunderland on 30k plus lol

The average wage in the Championship is well over £5k a week.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Roxanne said:
Fantastic!

Bought, anyone think we should ditch the kids are united for this when the boys run our?

No.

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Roxanne said:
Fantastic!

Bought, anyone think we should ditch the kids are united for this when the boys run our?

I dunno, Sham 69 has played for years now. Don't want too much change :-) 

It is a good wee tune though :-) 

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, Roxanne said:
Fantastic!

Last song before the kick off and Sham 69 for the run out. 

18 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, Roxanne said:
Fantastic!

I think on Saturday that is the case, United with Pride will play. Not sure if a permanent change or just because of the new release. 

We would be daft to accept 100k, but 250k is a different story...

I'd hate to see Shanks leave but 250k is a lot of money.

Consider this scenario:

We sell Shanks for 250k, use 50k towards player budget plus whatever Shankland's wage is to sign another striker and possibly another player, we then bank 200k. The rest of the squad are good enough to stay up (he may be good, but Ayr are not solely the Lawrence Shankland show these days) so say we finish 8th, and we get 190k of league prize money. So we start next season with 390k in the bank.

2nd scenario:

Shanks stays. Has a glorious season, Ayr finish 5th, narrowly miss out on a play off slot, fans are elated. Shanks leaves on a free, leaving great memories behind. Ayr scoop 230k (ish) for league prize money. Our budget for next year is potentially 160k less than what it could be.

Now we know that next season, Lachlan is no longer topping up our playing budget, so long term financial stability and securing funds and income for the future is a massive thing for us just now. This is why we've secured a two year deal with McDonalds Ayr as we need to secure income for next year as well as this year. Now I'd love us to finish 5th and beat big teams along the way, but as we'll be facing 2019/20 without Shankland regardless (and likely that Mark Kerr and Stevie Bell will be the same) then I'd rather have more funds available to keep ourselves up again and really cement our place in the division.

The questions on top of this are: a) do you think the Ayr squad w/o Shanks but with another lesser striker are good enough to finish 8th? Or, b) do you think that with Shanks, we'll have a good cup run to bring in extra revenue, and on field success will increase crowds to a level that will cover what we would get from his sale. It's a tough question and one the club are no doubt trying to work out.

I reiterate, I'd hate to see him go, but for 250k, we most definitely need to consider the pros and cons along with our long term plans.

Consider this scenario:
We sell Shanks for 250k, use 50k towards player budget plus whatever Shankland's wage is to sign another striker and possibly another player, we then bank 200k. The rest of the squad are good enough to stay up (he may be good, but Ayr are not solely the Lawrence Shankland show these days) so say we finish 8th, and we get 190k of league prize money. So we start next season with 390k in the bank.
2nd scenario:
Shanks stays. Has a glorious season, Ayr finish 5th, narrowly miss out on a play off slot, fans are elated. Shanks leaves on a free, leaving great memories behind. Ayr scoop 230k (ish) for league prize money. Our budget for next year is potentially 160k less than what it could be.

Now we know that next season, Lachlan is no longer topping up our playing budget, so long term financial stability and securing funds and income for the future is a massive thing for us just now. This is why we've secured a two year deal with McDonalds Ayr as we need to secure income for next year as well as this year. Now I'd love us to finish 5th and beat big teams along the way, but as we'll be facing 2019/20 without Shankland regardless (and likely that Mark Kerr and Stevie Bell will be the same) then I'd rather have more funds available to keep ourselves up again and really cement our place in the division.

The questions on top of this are: a) do you think the Ayr squad w/o Shanks but with another lesser striker are good enough to finish 8th? Or, b) do you think that with Shanks, we'll have a good cup run to bring in extra revenue, and on field success will increase crowds to a level that will cover what we would get from his sale. It's a tough question and one the club are no doubt trying to work out.

I reiterate, I'd hate to see him go, but for 250k, we most definitely need to consider the pros and cons along with our long term plans.

If Shankland leaves we will probably finish 8th or 9th. There also isn’t anyone available that would be a suitable replacement for him.

There is a third scenario in all this. We keep Shankland and make a push for the play offs. We either miss out and finish 5th or sneak into 4th (slim chance but not impossible) and guys like Shankland, Crawford, McDaid and Rose realise that the club is on the up and with another couple of signings we could get into the playoffs.

I don’t buy that we are destined to lose these players at the end of the season. McCall said it himself that we need to stop thinking of ourselves as “plucky wee Ayr” and think of ourselves as a Championship club trying to finish as high as we can. Clubs like that build on the squad year on year and get better. Now we may lose 1 or 2 of the above but I don’t see us having a huge rebuilding job in the summer. Unless of course we have a disastrous season and go down but as ayrmad said this squad won’t be relegated.

6 minutes ago, rorymac7 said:

Consider this scenario:

2nd scenario:

You've not included the lost gate money/AU500 fund money in any of that, I for one, am fed up waiting for a decent Ayr team to turn up, I certainly won't be happy if we blow that out the water at the 1st sight of decency.

Consider this scenario:
2nd scenario:

Let's worry about next season next season, to me this is the most exciting team in a generation, I don't even think there was as much optimism and buzz in the days of Walker, Teal, Hurst etc, for me it's stuff the money and go baws to the wall and see what we can achieve, maybe it's short sighted but when was the last time this club had so many people talking about it.

14 minutes ago, rorymac7 said:

Consider this scenario:

2nd scenario:

I think we all need to remember that we're football supporters as opposed to Bankers or Chairmen, we as fans should only be interested in our performing on the park as opposed to boasting that we have  a great balance sheet and P & L.

I do take your point about a decent financial footing and consolidation but ultimately we're paying our money to be entertained and to watch goals flying in especially from players who we like and have an afinity with, money is destroying football and when fans start thinking about finances, that's when it's time to take a step back and remember the whole point of the game................