The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Yeh if you don't need the money then fair enough.  However if you keep the player AND relegated then I suppose its a double whammy...........on the flip side you could sell him and stay up.

This team will be nowhere near getting relegated with Shankland in the team.

Bookmark this if you like.

There was a rumour that we had lined up Real Madrid in a glamour friendly, however Ramos used his influence to pull Real out of the match due to fear of being taken to the cleaners and then stuck up on Sir lawrence's mantelpiece.

As I say,  it was just a rumour, so unsure if any truth in it.....................

10 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Well, Dundee are a lower Premier league team. I had them to get relegated last year, they were lucky. 

Ayr are on the up and avoiding the relegation crap, they can match any team outwith the old firm. So I believe my statement stands. 

A few pages back, people were claiming they wanted hearts in the draw, out of belief Ayr could 'pip' them, whats the difference with Dundee? 

Dundee, who don't have as much faith in their manager as Ayr, are due a relegation scrap of their own and attract the same stature of player. Yes, outwith the crowd numbers, Ayr is equal to or better than. Imo. 

Also, Ayr have Shankland, Dundee do not. 

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ayr are on the up and avoiding the relegation crap, they can match any team outwith the old firm. So I believe my statement stands. 

48 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

IMO Ayr are equal to/possibly better than Dundee atm. 

Any credibility you had has just been lost with these two posts. Please stop posting utter drivel, day upon day. This thread is becoming unbearable. 

That's what we've been saying since he joined a few weeks ago, you should feel sorry for us, we've to put up with this shite on an almost hourly basis.
I'd rather lose the boy for nothing at the end of the season than take the money and go down, at this stage of the game he's irreplaceable even though I'm sure Moffat and Moore can score at this level, Shankland is our talisman he loves the club and as the song goes [emoji445] everyone loves Lawrence Shankland [emoji445]

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

I'd rather lose the boy for nothing at the end of the season than take the money and go down, at this stage of the game he's irreplaceable even though I'm sure Moffat and Moore can score at this level, Shankland is our talisman he loves the club and as the song goes emoji445.png everyone loves Lawrence Shankland emoji445.png

As would I, at least it would replace David Murray in the "why the f**k did we do that" stakes.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunfermline fans will disagree but having seen both players I can say that Shankland is a much better player than El Bakhtaoui.

Dunfermline fans being best placed to comment if course having watched both play for the club, carry on. 

This Roxanne poster is fairly wild, Ayr have had a couple of weird posters before but this bloke, Oaft. 

I’d tell Dundee to go and f**k themselves. I realise £250,000 is a lot of money but Shankland will be the difference between having a great shot at staying up and most likely going back down.

I full realise we will do well to keep him past January but honestly it’s not worth selling him for less than £500,000 (I don’t mean he’s worth that, I just mean that when he’s as important to us as he is, better off keeping him than selling him).

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Any credibility you had has just been lost with these two posts. Please stop posting utter drivel, day upon day. This thread is becoming unbearable. 

He introduced himself to the forum with a series of posts demanding to know why Ayr weren’t building a 25,000 seater stadium. I don’t think that credibility ever existed.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Dunfermline fans being best placed to comment if course having watched both play for the club, carry on. 

This Roxanne poster is fairly wild, Ayr have had a couple of weird posters before but this bloke, Oaft. 

tbf, you've NOT watched THIS Lawrence Shankland.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

tbf, you've NOT watched THIS Lawrence Shankland.

And Faiss won't have played against Ayr for a few years aswell. 

We were warned by Dundee fans that he wasn't the player we sold them but he seems better, I get the feeling that they didn't utilise him very well at all, it would be a bad move for Shankland on multiple levels. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

And Faiss won't have played against Ayr for a few years aswell. 

We were warned by Dundee fans that he wasn't the player we sold them but he seems better, I get the feeling that they didn't utilise him very well at all, it would be a bad move for Shankland on multiple levels. 

I've not argued the relative merits of Faiss and Shanks, I just know that the Shanks I'm watching has everything apart from blistering pace to make it at a really high level, hopefully he goes down south next season and makes himself a tidy wage.

I mean, Dundee are obviously a diddy team, but they're not as diddy as we are. They're in the Dunfermline/Kilmarnock/Partick/St Mirren bracket of diddiness while we're in the Morton/Hamilton/Raith/Airdrie bracket.

Edited by Iain

8 minutes ago, Iain said:

I mean, Dundee are obviously a diddy team, but they're not as diddy as we are. They're in the Dunfermline/Kilmarnock/Partick/St Mirren bracket of diddiness while we're in the Morton/Hamilton/Raith/Airdrie bracket.

Very fair apart from Airdrie, you'd have to go back some amount of years for them to be in that bracket. 

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

What I was meaning to say. Thank you Iain :-) 

No it wasn't. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Call me as crazy as Roxanne's Man but I honestly think If he keeps up this level of form and development he will have a Full Scotland cap by the end of the 2019/2020 season

Don't know about that but Tade stuck out like a sore thumb as someone who could play a few levels higher when he was at Stranraer(played SPL and Europe), I don't think Shankland would allow Gregory to polish his boots.

Unfortunately I don't think Shankland is going to be the only player we're sweating about hanging onto over the course of this season.

The thing about opinions is everyone has them, doesn't make them right. So Roxanne's Man is free to post that we're a match for anyone outside the old firm if he so believes.

Even though it's basically demonstrably false when we played Hibs in the cup this time last season, granted without Shanks and the good additions we've made since...I don't believe they're the difference in a comfortable 5-0 deficit.