The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Certainly not worthwhile accepting 100K. Even a higher bid, quite a few of us bought season tickets and joined the 500 fund solely because Shankland signed up. We also wouldn’t be able to get a half decent replacement at this point.

Don't know anything about Ayr's financial situation but surely £100K would be too much of a gamble to turn down.

11 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Don't know anything about Ayr's financial situation but surely £100K would be too much of a gamble to turn down.

I don’t think we need the money that desperately.

It would destroy the good feeling that’s been built up and this is the year where there’s a really good chance of us staying up and getting established in the championship which will be worth more than 100k in the medium/longterm.

It would be very shortsighted to accept such a paltry amount.

19 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Survival in the Championship would be worth a lot more and keeping Shankland is imperative to that. Shankland want to leave 2 months ago and stayed for less, I don’t see what will have changed his mind in the space of 2 months.

Absolute PR disaster if we sell shankland at this point, if we keep him and he brings in an extra 500 fans paying £17.00 for each home game that's £153,00 so why sell him? He obviously had offers to go in the summer and stayed with us so he must be happy and no offence to Dundee but if he scored 15 to 20 goals this season he is going to end up at a far bigger club.

I don’t really see how turning down 100K is a gamble?

The only gamble I would see is selling our best player and being relegated, again.

I don't know if there's any truth in the RB from Hearts loan rumour, however I had thought that if this comes off then something regarding Shankland may have been done in the background with January being the pertinent date for a move to the Jambos with a fee included.

It would all make sense as the boy at Hearts appears to be hugely rated and potentially above our level and secondly Hearts are in need of a striker who can hold the ball up and have people playing off him, which would also pretty much fit the bill.

You could argue that if Shankland is definitely not staying longer than a season, then the above scenario could potentially work out perfectly for all involved..............

11 hours ago, rb123! said:

https://theferret.scot/police-scotland-charged-scottish-football-clubs/

Stumbled across this which is interesting, not all clubs in it so can't compare accurately but we seemed to pay an awful lot in the last year. Not sure if reasoning for this is because the Rangers game is included, I doubt it though.

We had a discussion about this on another forum a couple of months back, but from memory it appeared our large bill was mostly due to the 2 "high risk" home fixtures we had against Killie & Rangers. I believe the bills for both were astronomical due to policing required both outside and inside the ground and of course the fact that both were near capacity crowds.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In League One, we've been burned by a player that destroyed that league before in El Bak.

Shankland wasn't so impressive in his last stint in the Championship, nevermind the step-up to the Prem so there is considerable risk involved which plays perfectly into your hands tbf.

I've watched Ayr for 50 years, this boy has got it, as good a striker as I've watched in an Ayr strip.

I could handle him going to the Prem but think he might head down the road next season for a decent wage packet.

If the gates went down by 200 because Shankland left, over 18 home games, it's over £60k. £100k not looking like a worthwhile offer if there is any risk that could happen.  Some are saying they bought into the team this season based on his presence. Would also affect pay at the gate. That's before you look at his influence on where we may be in the league come January.

3 minutes ago, Somerset 2010 said:

If the gates went down by 200 because Shankland left, over 18 home games, it's over £60k. £100k not looking like a worthwhile offer if there is any risk that could happen.  Some are saying they bought into the team this season based on his presence. Would also affect pay at the gate. That's before you look at his influence on where we may be in the league come January.

I bought my 1st season ticket due to Sir Lawrence signing on, would be gutted if he went to shite like Dundee or to a negative manager such as Levein, what a waste.

The club are well aware that the number of fans donating money through the 500 FUnd went up solely because the club finally showed a bit of ambition in keeping our prize asset. Selling him would be an absolutely ridiculous move, and one that I just don't see happening. 

Also, with the greatest of respect to Dundee, I think he could do better. If he turned down Hearts in the summer, why would he now be gagging to jump ship to Dens Park? 

All the more reason for a big crowd on Saturday, show shankland and the rest of the boys we are behind them and show Lauchlan and the board we are going to support the team in numbers, I'm assuming Lauchlan will be over for the first game so he can tell Dundee to F**k of to their faces

We had a discussion about this on another forum a couple of months back, but from memory it appeared our large bill was mostly due to the 2 "high risk" home fixtures we had against Killie & Rangers. I believe the bills for both were astronomical due to policing required both outside and inside the ground and of course the fact that both were near capacity crowds.
Forgot about the killie game haha

In League One, we've been burned by a player that destroyed that league before in El Bak.
Shankland wasn't so impressive in his last stint in the Championship, nevermind the step-up to the Prem so there is considerable risk involved which plays perfectly into your hands tbf.

Dunfermline fans will disagree but having seen both players I can say that Shankland is a much better player than El Bakhtaoui.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

I bought my 1st season ticket due to Sir Lawrence signing on, would be gutted if he went to shite like Dundee or to a negative manager such as Levein, what a waste.

Levein doesn't play strikers. '4-6-0'.

A  Scottish Premier league team or down south like what Devlin has done. He is a talent to watch at Somerset and let's be honest, he won't stay at Ayr forever. I suggest we enjoy him while we can, till the end of the season at very minimum, we need him for the premier league play-offs. :-)