The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That would be a smashing signing, St Mirren fans really rated him.  

Ive got a slight concern that if/when Lafferty moves to Rangers, Hearts will come in for Shankland. 

Hearts have got a 34 man first team squad. If Lafferty goes they might try and get the striker they've already got a pre-contract agreement to sign in January but I don't think they'll be looking for a replacement.  

Nothing has really changed for Shankland in the last two months. He's going to be no. 1 man for us and still needs to prove himself in the Championship. I don't see him going anywhere.

Edited by Kitty_Boy

7 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Hopefully it won’t be another Balatoni scenario where we knock back the hard cash in January only to be relegated and him leave for nothing.

This team are not getting relegated.

22 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

This team are not getting relegated.

Of course they’re not.

i was just saying we would’ve been wise to take the cash for Balatoni when we had the chance. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

3 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Bet 365 still have Partick as favs for sat.   Ayr 2.87 & Partick 2.37

No sign of goal scorer markets, was hoping for an Ayr / Moff any time on the bet builder. 

Gone with Ayr / Over 3 goals / BTTS at 17/2.

No sign of goal scorer markets, was hoping for an Ayr / Moff any time on the bet builder. 
Gone with Ayr / Over 3 goals / BTTS at 17/2.

Went with Ayr win / Ayr to score in both halves / Only one team will score. Got 14/1.

Still, we need to verge on the edge of caution, not wanting to dampen anybody’s moment but we’ve been here many a time and got a slap in the face. It’s a long way to go but confidence is high and long may it continue. 

20 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Still, we need to verge on the edge of caution, not wanting to dampen anybody’s moment but we’ve been here many a time and got a slap in the face. It’s a long way to go but confidence is high and long may it continue. 

No we've not, rarely in the 40 years since we left the top league have we thought there's the slightest chance of giving it a fright.

4 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

No " anytime goalscorer" odds with any of the betting sites, did they get their fingers burnt last week?

Must have. That Shankland 3/1 anytime made no sense at the weekend, especially as they had Craig Moore as our favourite at 11/4, and even if fit he was never starting.   Pretty sure Shankland was the same price as crocked Thistle midfielder Stuart Bannigan! 

McCall to unfurl the title flag, no mention of any further signings in AP, just says mainly about McCall wanting 3,000 Ayr fans on Saturday and Kerr will be suspended with Moore and Geggan assessed closer to Saturday. Docherty also supposed to be in the team.

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Docherty also supposed to be in the team.

Will be good to see him back, I'd personally prefer him at full fitness, if not, have the Farmer storming the midfield. Michael Rose OK to start on Saturday? 

Will be good to see him back, I'd personally prefer him at full fitness, if not, have the Farmer storming the midfield. Michael Rose OK to start on Saturday? 
No mention of Rose so assuming he's OK, would love to have 3000 honest men and lassies there, surely this is as big as the Stranraer play off when we had a crowd of over 4000

24 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

No mention of him so presume so

No mention of Rose so assuming he's OK, would love to have 3000 honest men and lassies there, surely this is as big as the Stranraer play off when we had a crowd of over 4000

Nope. Nothing really at stake here just the unfurling of the flag and the first game of the season. 2000 Ayr fans max.

Nope. Nothing really at stake here just the unfurling of the flag and the first game of the season. 2000 Ayr fans max.
I could see a lot of lapsed fans turning up due to buzz about the club just now, McCall is practaly begging for the fans to come out, the club, the management team and the players are doing their bit it's time for the fans and the town gave some back.