The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:
I’m a bit late to the party but how good were we on Saturday? Doohan looked really confident and came for a few difficult cross balls and commanded his area well. Also loved how as soon as he got the ball he looked to get it out as quick as he could. None of this fannying about nonsense. Daniel Harvie is a massive up great on Paddy Boyle. Reminds me of Nicky Devlin going forward and also looks like he can defend well. Rose will be a class act this season-  twice the player Scott McKenna was with us. Jamie Adams was outstanding at the back on Saturday, Rumour has it that Kris Doolan is still begging to be let out his back pocket. Think Ferguson is our weak link. He done ok but got caught out a few times, against a better winger I feel he will be exposed. Hopefully Geggan is back for Saturday. Andy Murdoch is a class act. How Morton felt it was okay to get rid of him I’ll never know. Have Mark Kerr legs gone? Have they f**k, a very decent performance from him. On current form Docherty will struggle to get back in.  Crawford will be a massive player for us this season.  Forrest has bulked up massively during Pre-season and isn’t easily pushed off the ball. Keeping McDaid who I rate highly out the team so fair play to him for that. Moffat is probably the most intelligent player in our team, he brings the best out of Lawrence Shankland. Moffat and Shankland is without a doubt our best partnership as much as I rate Craig Moore highly. 
I am Absoulotely buzzing for the league stuff to kick off on Saturday. 

The midfield has been that good I completely forgot about Doc, Kerr is suspended for Saturday and Doc was on the bench wonder if it will be him or Bell that comes in.

Crawford to move into the centre and McDaid to come in on the wing for me. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Daniel Harvie is a massive up great on Paddy Boyle.

I couldn't agree more. He's certainly an up on talent. Must be a few young Aberdeen players that have that sort of ability. I also agree with Ferguson being the weak link, he's not a bad player but has a bit to work on. 

Crawford and murdoch in the middle and Mcdaid and Forrest out wide imo, Ayr will certainly see Partick off again, they just looked poor. 

If only we could clone Jamie Adams. I'd have 11 Jamie Adams fielded every week. What a sight it would be to behold. It would totally blow scottish football apart :-) 

Edited by Roxanne's man

I couldn't agree more. He's certainly an up on talent. Must be a few young Aberdeen players that have that sort of ability. I also agree with Ferguson being the weak link, he's not a bad player but has a bit to work on. 
Crawford and murdoch in the middle and Mcdaid and Forrest out wide imo, Ayr will certainly see Partick off again, they just looked poor. 
If only we could clone Jamie Adams. I'd have 11 Jamie Adams fielded every week. What a sight it would be to behold. It would totally blow scottish football apart :-) 

Would be fucked when we get to an Astro pitch though!!

Just stumbled upon a Hearts fan page and someone said they heard we’ve asked about taking an L.Smith on loan.

I’m guessing this is Liam Smith who’s a right back and was with St Mirren last season playing the majority of their games.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just stumbled upon a Hearts fan page and someone said they heard we’ve asked about taking an L.Smith on loan.

I’m guessing this is Liam Smith who’s a right back and was with St Mirren last season playing the majority of their games.

That would be a smashing signing, St Mirren fans really rated him.  

Ive got a slight concern that if/when Lafferty moves to Rangers, Hearts will come in for Shankland. 

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would be a great signing and complete the squad IMO. Adams seems to be turning into the centre half we need!

Looks a good shout if we get him almost 100 first team appearances so it's not like he lacks experience and know's this league well, I know McCall has said he wants another CB but I think we have more than enough cover there with Rose, Higgans, Bell and Adams, a decent RB would complete the squad because I can't see Geggan playing a full season unfortunately.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That would be a smashing signing, St Mirren fans really rated him.  

Ive got a slight concern that if/when Lafferty moves to Rangers, Hearts will come in for Shankland. 

Hearts and Hibs both enquired about Shankland , he chose to stay at Ayr , that might change in January , the last chance we will have of getting some money for him 

Hearts and Hibs both enquired about Shankland , he chose to stay at Ayr , that might change in January , the last chance we will have of getting some money for him 

Might sound silly but I’d much rather keep him until the end of the season and lose him for nothing rather than cash in on him in January. He is going to be the deciding factor if we find ourselves in a relegation dogfight or if we somehow find ourselves with an outside chance of making top 4.

As I’ve said before McCall won’t let him go in January and I can’t see him wanting to leave before the end of the season. I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that he’s destined to leave in the next 12 months.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Might sound silly but I’d much rather keep him until the end of the season and lose him for nothing rather than cash in on him in January. He is going to be the deciding factor if we find ourselves in a relegation dogfight or if we somehow find ourselves with an outside chance of making top 4.

As I’ve said before McCall won’t let him go in January and I can’t see him wanting to leave before the end of the season. I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that he’s destined to leave in the next 12 months.

Hope your right , I think it all depends on our position come January 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Would be a great signing and complete the squad IMO. Adams seems to be turning into the centre half we need!

If Liam Smith goes to Ayr then they will have the best RB in the league, hands down.

I'd be gutted as it would mean we're definitely not getting him back. For some reason, Stubbs doesn't seem to want to pursue bring him back in.

Best case scenario would be a club wanting to buy him but loan him back to then of the season like Celtic and Louis Morgan, I agree with d'jaffo I'd rather lose him for nothing at the end of the season than get money and end up back in league 1

That Liam Smith looks a bit more than just a bench filler, was in the championship team of the year, would be a stellar signing if it happened but can't see it, if it did though wouldn't be surprised to see Ferguson leave at the end of his 6 month deal. Too early to specualte though and i doubt we'll sign anyone else but you never know...

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Best case scenario would be a club wanting to buy him but loan him back to then of the season like Celtic and Louis Morgan, I agree with d'jaffo I'd rather lose him for nothing at the end of the season than get money and end up back in league 1

Hopefully it won’t be another Balatoni scenario where we knock back the hard cash in January only to be relegated and him leave for nothing.