The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Has to be done. Waniche is bored.
Line up the Worst Ayr united team you've ever seen. Every position can be filled with a player you think is the worst you've ever seen at Somerset. I'll start with... 
John Hillcoat, Tommy Tait, Michael Renwick, James Mckinstry, Jordan Tait, Paul Cairney, Anthony Marenghi,  Steven Boyack, Craig Beattie, David Dunn and Graeme Brown. 
I'm only 28 and I've kinda made the players semi recent. Please add worse :-) 

It’s hard remembering through the sea of junior shite. I would say Stuart Boyd is up there. I remember at the time some people thought he was alright but he was completely and utterly rancid.

For what it's worth, I thought Doohan looked more than competent at Coatbridge on Saturday- he's incredibly young  in goalkeeping terms but did what he had to do without any fuss and  he looks the part. I can see why Celtic think he's worth a long contract because the potential is there and he's big and athletic. Whether or not he has the mindset to play in the position that garners the most criticism simply because an error can be costly only time will tell. I'm a very big fan McGuffie but even I know he does daft things at times - translate that to a goalie,  well you know the outcome. Let's just give the young goalie a real chance by encouraging him as much as possible. Would love to see him flourish with us without him being too busy lol.     

22 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

kevin kyle .

LOL. 

'Oh but the referees don't like me because Im a bigger player.'

No Kevin, the refs don't like you because your a fat c**t that can't play a f**k. I remember all the crap about trying to get enough for his wage. Unjustified.

Mind you, I'd rather Kevin Kyle than Craig Beattie. 

Barry John Corr, Keith Hogg, Austin Mcann, Brownlie, Mark Twaddle, Chris Aitken, Gavin Friels, Kevin Kyle, Ross Jack, David Dunn. 

Not bad players but gripes with McGowan for laughing when we were 7-0 down to ICT,  Sam McGivern for refusing to play against ‘them’ at old rusty park and Ally Graham for giving the SRE a Mooney with his big hairy arse. 

11 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Burley, Stainrod, two Rabs, Watt, Roberts.......we weren’t exactly blessed at times. 

True enough. Mccall has been the best manager I've seen at Somerset for a good while. 

Though some of the signing from the idiot managers you mentioned there, there has to be an overall worst. Surely. 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

True enough. Mccall has been the best manager I've seen at Somerset for a good while. 

Though some of the signing from the idiot managers you mentioned there, there has to be an overall worst. Surely. 

I was born in 1990, so McCall is definitely the best manager we've had in my time. That's mostly down to everyone else not being very good though.

Dalziel had some good times but should have achieved a lot more, Reid wasn't too bad but couldn't keep us up in two attempts. Campbell Money, Shanks, Connor, Watt and Roberts were all rotten and I don't remember Stainrod and Burley.

As for bad signings, Graeme Brown cost us a substantial amount of money at a time when we were struggling both financially and on the pitch. I think he only scored one competitive goal for us (on his debut IIRC) despite being a first team regular before getting a bad injury that meant he never played for us again.

Also, I heard that we paid a large signing on fee to Thomas Gill before he buggered off after 6 games or something.

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

That’s a tough one, all bad in one way or another. Burley was just woeful. Stainrod and his ‘foreign legion’ plus putting himself in the first team being about 10 stone overweight. Watt for basically signing every Stranraer player then f@cking everything up, Roberts for still thinking he was one of the lads.......but I’m going to opt for tweedle dum and tweedle doo, only one thing they got right was bringing Stevo Home. 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

I was born 1990 as well. :-) 

Reid and his Anti-football tactics in the semi against the soap dodgers is possibly the worst game I've ever seen. 

The main problem I had with Reid was his attitude towards the fans at times. 

One personal one to me was when my son had saved up his pocket money to buy a new home top. Reid was in the shop and my son who was only 7 asked him if he’d sign his top and he turned to him, laughed and said “no, I’m too busy for that”. McKenzie turned to him and said “sign the wee boys top you miserable dick”. I walked over and grabbed it out Reid’s hand and said “ it’s alright, don’t want you to ruin it”......plus a few choice words. 

I've been following Ayr since the Reid days and i would say McCall has probably just been better but up for debate, if we do well this season however he'll go above Reid IMO. Yeah with Reid we went on some fairy-tale cup runs but feel that McCall plays a more exciting brand of football than we did under Reid.

Also think what McCall is doing for this club off the pitch also makes him better with full time and everything else that came with that but it will only be justified if we do well this season, by that i mean finishing anywhere from 5th-8th.

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Reid and his Anti-football tactics in the semi against the soap dodgers is possibly the worst game I've ever seen. 

Yeah, it was like waiting two hours for a bus. Awful, awful game of football and the atmosphere was lost in Hampden Park.