The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If we are taking 'post-Kisuka' as some kind of historical era then foreign guys to appear for us since he left would be

Peter Murphy - Republic of Ireland

Jordan Preston - England

Sean McKenzie - The People's Republic of Sanquhar 

Andy O'Connell - Republic of Ireland

Jamie Thomas - Wales

Conrad Balatoni - England

Farid El Alagui - France

Ellis Hare-Reid - New Zealand

35 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That's near the Congo, right. Ooft. Fair travelled that fella. 

I don't think England counts as foreign, seems too political to say they're foreign. This is football after all. 

John maisino?

Graeme brown from Seuth Efrika. Jean-yves Anes. 

That French guy that was about the year we got to the final... Fabien Bossy? 

Jens Kristin hansen.... Sure he was on loan and played behind Glynn Hurst. Knudsen was in goals. Peter Linda, the only Swedish fella I can think of (going round the countries) marius røvde. 

Luc sonor! Played for France! I think... 

Edited by Roxanne's man
Foreign players!? Why the f**k did I start this shite!?

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hare-Reid is a kiwi but apart from him I can't remember any not brits for while, gone are the days of the djaffo, finbogasan, Castila, Rolling, horrice etc days.

I’m pretty sure he was actually born in aberdeen so technically he’s Scottish.

If we are taking 'post-Kisuka' as some kind of historical era then foreign guys to appear for us since he left would be
Peter Murphy - Republic of Ireland
Jordan Preston - England
Andy O'Connell - Republic of Ireland
Jamie Thomas - Wales
Conrad Balatoni - England
Farid El Alagui - France
Ellis Hare-Reid - New Zealand

I thought Preston was Scottish?

That's near the Congo, right. Ooft. Fair travelled that fella. 
I don't think England counts as foreign, seems too political to say they're foreign. This is football after all. 
John maisino?
Graeme brown from Seuth Efrika. Jean-yves Anes. 
That French guy that was about the year we got to the final... Fabien Bossy? 
Jens Kristin hansen.... Sure he was on loan and played behind Glynn Hurst. Knudsen was in goals. Peter Linda, the only Swedish fella I can think of (going round the countries) marius røvde. 
Luc sonor! Played for France! I think... 

Talking of Hurst. He played for South Africa Under 23s so I’m counting him as well.

32 minutes ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:

It is football and they have their own national team and Association. 

Yeah, I guess your right :-) 

That means Ayr uniteds first ever manager was foreign, Herbert Dainty (best name EVER!) :-) 

Nah, pass on the British players outwith Scotland, too many to list. Easier to think of the more obscure and unusually named foreigners from countries that are far off. 

3 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

So what was the fighting about between our own fans on Saturday then? Why does no one want to say?

Think it was something to do with fans behind the nets and a few choice words being shouted at the Albion keeper. Think someone reacted because there were kids about. Don’t know if that’s fact tho.....just heresay. 

El Alagui, possibly the best 9 month legend Falkirk have had in the last 20 years. What a boy he was, should never have left. Think he destroyed a knee after he left us and never recovered. 

4 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

So what was the fighting about between our own fans on Saturday then? Why does no one want to say?

I never saw anything. The folks around me were quite comical in trying not to swear as my Wee boy was there. :-) They kept apologising. 

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

He’s Scottish-eligible through his father, but he himself is English.

He's Scottish on Football Manager. 

20 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

How is that a silly thing to say?

Do you think hounding a young goalkeeper when he makes a single mistake is going to be productive?

Last year should have no impact on Doohan but far too many of our support are too thick to realise that you get just as many shite experienced keepers as you get young keepers.

Because no one wins if Doohan fails.  We’ll be left with a backup keeper who the club don’t think is ready for 1st team football and possibly a penalty payment to Celtic for not playing their man.   So I’m sure the vast majority of fans would want him to be a roaring success.  There seems to be a mindset that having doubts about a player mean you have somehow got it in for them.    In all my years supporting Ayr, I’ve never wanted a player to fail, whether they be Junior Mendes or Henry Templeton.  It doesn’t mean you can’t make a valued judgement as to whether a player  is likely to be a good signing or not.

Besides,  I’m not sure anyone is advocating that we sign a shite experienced goalkeeper as an alternative.   

Because no one wins if Doohan fails.  We’ll be left with a backup keeper who the club don’t think is ready for 1st team football and possibly a penalty payment to Celtic for not playing their man.   So I’m sure the vast majority of fans would want him to be a roaring success.  There seems to be a mindset that having doubts about a player mean you have somehow got it in for them.    In all my years supporting Ayr, I’ve never wanted a player to fail, whether they be Junior Mendes or Henry Templeton.  It doesn’t mean you can’t make a valued judgement as to whether a player  is likely to be a good signing or not.
Besides,  I’m not sure anyone is advocating that we sign a shite experienced goalkeeper as an alternative.   

I have no issue whatsoever about having doubts about a player - I’m sure we will all discuss doubts over the course of a season.

Only issue is with those who seem to enjoy dishing out abuse to their own players at home games. I do think this has improved since the days of Chris Aitken etc though.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I have no issue whatsoever about having doubts about a player - I’m sure we will all discuss doubts over the course of a season.

Only issue is with those who seem to enjoy dishing out abuse to their own players at home games. I do think this has improved since the days of Chris Aitken etc though.

Unfortunately certain people in our fanbase think dishing out abuse will make a player play better. Same people who are probably scared going home to get a hiding off their other half.

42 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Apparently the police turned up at Owens across the road in a hurry just before kick off.

A woman tried to ID some boys sitting in the beer garden and they just started singing we'll do what we want and she stormed off inside, i thought she was probably away to call the police tbh

I'm glad we are not going back there this year.  

The thing that bugs me re: the keeper is that it seems to be the only position where fans seem to have less patience with a youngster than they would with someone 'experienced'. 

I was thinking as an example Scully at Morton - saw folk using him as an example of an experienced keeper we should be signing - yet look at the 2 errors he made on his Morton debut against us.  I cant help but feel that is Doohan had made those errors on his debut he would have been slaughtered, but if we had signed Scully and he did it, he would have been given a chance before being written off.