The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Not only that, looks like suncream might be required, especially behind the goal 8)

I'm sure the ball constantly sailing into the net from the likes of Moore and Shankland, would cause a massive ball shaped shadow behind the net for 45 minutes. Slap on your sun-cream for the second half, that's when it's needed. :-D

Anyone know what the score was against Maybole the other night

According to Maybole Juniors FB page we lost 2-1 to two penalties. Not sure what our team was but someone told me they recognised Ecrepont, Hilton, Faulds and Murphy.

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

According to Maybole Juniors FB page we lost 2-1 to two penalties. Not sure what our team was but someone told me they recognised Ecrepont, Hilton, Faulds and Murphy.

Graham, Baird, Ecrepont, Thorburn, Griffiths, Faulds, Martin, Millarvie  (I think), Hilton, M McKenzie, Murphy. Balfour  replaced Millarvie at half time. Don't know who the other 2 subs were. Murphy scored our goal. Maybole were awarded two of the softest penalties you will ever see.

Does anyone know what Involvement Jim Kirkwood has to do with the Club? I know there was something about him doing something with the stadium. I tried googling it but nothing came up. 

He is on the Board of Directors. One of his companies owns the ground we currently use as the car park. From our annual accounts he forfeits any payments due in terms of rent. Looks like a decent bloke.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That's probably the greatest result in their history tbh. 

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

That's probably the greatest result in their history tbh. 

It is. Street Parties are planned for this weekend to celebrate. The day the Maybolians became heroes. 

1 hour ago, Honestmen said:

Double checked and it is Ryan Stevenson who is 19yo. You couldn't script that

You'd have thought with Craig Levein signing half of the English league, that Hearts would have walked over Raith today. See Nisbet has put Raith 1-0 up. 

How did Doohan get on today? Had searched it on twitter and someone had mentioned someone being “even worse” than Doohan. (I’m assuming Albion keeper) Someone who I’m sure is notoriously negative said it though so taking it with a spade full of salt.

42 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

How did Doohan get on today? Had searched it on twitter and someone had mentioned someone being “even worse” than Doohan. (I’m assuming Albion keeper) Someone who I’m sure is notoriously negative said it though so taking it with a spade full of salt.

I haven't seen him for us yet, just Scotland u21s so can't really comment - but it's clear that some folk are going to absolutely slaughter him no matter what he does simply due to him not having experience. Would have been the exact same with McCrorie.  

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I haven't seen him for us yet, just Scotland u21s so can't really comment - but it's clear that some folk are going to absolutely slaughter him no matter what he does simply due to him not having experience. Would have been the exact same with McCrorie.  

Very true. Probably good that the first game where he will likely come under some pressure will be away from home against Thistle. A howler from him at home and that'll be him a scapegoat in the eyes of many. 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

We could have a young gio buffon in nets and folk would still feel the need to slaughter him .