The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Heard good things about Harlain Mbayo. Decent looking centre back, played a few games with Albion last season. If Mcinnes would let us have him on loan, could be a good addition. 

He was v bad. 

4 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:
So what is the exact number?

Don't know exact number but around 700, there's the expectancy that there's always a large sale of season tickets on the first home game of the league.

Think we've got a small chance of getting 1,000 season tickets sold

Edited by rb123!

I'd expect around 2,000 + home fans for the Thistle match and then it's a case of how we're doing on whether that number is likely to increase or reduce.

If we're struggling (which I don't think we will), then we'll plateau out around the 1,500 - 1,800 mark, however if we're doing well then I can see lots of the stay away fans returning and maybe also some of the younger generations taking an interest, in which case we should be looking at 2,300 - 2,800 plus of course decent travelling numbers from many of our rivals.

Was there not over 2,000 Ayr fans at the Raith Rovers home game on a Tuesday night in November or something.

However I think that was put down to it being the only game of professional football in Scotland that night but I wouldn't say that's very accurate reasoning.

If we are to progress from this Group we realistically can't expect to  move on to the next round without winning the Group with less than 10 points - so two more wins and a draw against presumably Partick Thistle (with the Group win versus second place riding on the pen shoot out).

Last year three of the four second place qualifiers finished on 10 points, Kili  scraped through with 9 but you don't want to have to rely on goal difference (although we might be okay in that regard if Shanks keeps popping them in). So cannot afford to lose a game. No pressure...