The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:
46 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:
This needs to stop.

Aye, so in reality our prize money is feck all. Can see why we've struggled badly on previous attempts and Lachlan has thrown a fair whack of money at it.

It seems so. I'd like to think there was another way for this club to aquire money. Lachlans purse is emptying and it seems the only finance Ayr receives. 

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:
This needs to stop.

Aye, so in reality our prize money is feck all. Can see why we've struggled badly on previous attempts and Lachlan has thrown a fair whack of money at it.

For participating in the cups there is also some cash to be had. Seem to remember earning a decent amount for making it through to the next round of betfred

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

For participating in the cups there is also some cash to be had. Seem to remember earning a decent amount for making it through to the next round of betfred

Remember being told by my papa that when Ayr made it to the final, they had enough to buy Torre-Andre Flo. A good cup run wouldn't be a bad thing for a club needing money (Gretna excluded.)

With Morton losing again last night it looks likely that we'll get through with a couple more wins. I'd take a draw from Partick and 2 wins elsewhere.
No disrespect to Albion and Stenny but on paper we should be beating them.

Who would you want in the next round? I'd take in order of preference at home Killie, St Mirren, OF, any other Premiership team just for a decent away gate.

13 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

With Morton losing again last night it looks likely that we'll get through with a couple more wins. I'd take a draw from Partick and 2 wins elsewhere.

Who would you want in the next round? I'd take in order of preference at home Killie, St Mirren, OF, any other Premiership team just for a decent away gate.

I would want to draw the lowest ranked team at home for as many rounds as possible before then taking on one of the teams you mention.. Whilst a big crowd brings you cash I seem to remember the amount received for getting past each round wasn’t too shabby and mounted up nicely

7 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I would want to draw the lowest ranked team at home for as many rounds as possible before then taking on one of the teams you mention.. Whilst a big crowd brings you cash I seem to remember the amount received for getting past each round wasn’t too shabby and mounted up nicely

More money in this cup than the Scottish (unless you are live on TV) as far as I remember, no idea why teams treat it as they do, could be the difference of a player or two this year or next. 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

More money in this cup than the Scottish (unless you are live on TV) as far as I remember, no idea why teams treat it as they do, could be the difference of a player or two this year or next. 

So where is Mccall getting the money for this Centre back? Figured the money had ran out when he kept it so long to sign Ferguson. So does the club rely on a few games going in, say against Morton and so on, to get enough to sign another player? 

53 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

No disrespect but I'll disrespect you anyway, our fans have got baws the size of spacehoppers.

It’a a bit of a catch 22. It’s a long season so extra games with a cup run for a small squad can be tiring, but if it allowed McCall to bring in this CB he’s after (unless it’s a low-cost loan move) then it might be better to have a winnable tie in the next round and then maybe get a money spinner thereafter.

Its a bit earlier as we are not even half way through the groups, but the only 2 teams (of those who have a realistic chance of getting through) you would really think we should be easily beating are Montrose or Annan. Then Alloa, QoS and Dumbarton would be very winnable, plus a few others in our league could go through, its the 4 european qualifiers, 8 groups winners and 4 best runners up.

You don't think it'll be another loanee? Future scotland national team centre back? From Aberdeen or Rangers? Thinking that Mccall has good contacts with the Aberdeen manager, he has used them a few times for loans, might get another u20s cb in?