The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Had a look at the Raith page for the first time in ages,  as I'd forgot they existed, still being in League One and all, and they seem on the verge of a meltdown already with how things have gone so far. Could have been us, fine margins indeed.

That bloody post.

Roberts phoning Scott McLaughlin to ask him if he thought Andy Robertson was a player tells you everything you need to know about Mark Roberts

Pretty ridiculous comment - of course he is going to ask someone who has came up against them when his own viewings will be limited.

The debate to if they were shit is there. Personally I liked Malone. Campbell was kinda past it toward the end.

There really wasn’t a debate - two of our better players in that era.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Pretty ridiculous comment - of course he is going to ask someone who has came up against them when his own viewings will be limited.

Aye ok, the man who signed Ryan McStay, Davie Sinclair and Anthony Merenghi had an eye for a player

Aye ok, the man who signed Ryan McStay, Davie Sinclair and Anthony Merenghi had an eye for a player

Yes because that’s what I said! It isn’t remotely ridiculous to ask someone about a player though and I imagine the majority of managers will.

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There really wasn’t a debate - two of our better players in that era.

Yeah, I agree. 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You'd have thought Roberts would have had contacts with Partick or Killie for a few loanees or something. The few you just mentioned are probably the poorest players he got. He mostly brought in players that were past it. Murphy, Mcgovern and Beattie were all good on paper, IMO Murphy being the only one who impacted the team and was a decent player. Never really got much youth in the team. 

9 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Martyn Campbell on his day being fit was probably as good as his brother who I’d rank as one of the best 3 centre backs we have had since Barr et all

Bobo put in some shifts over the years, absolutely immense when fully fit in some of the cup games especially.
Have to think if he didn't have his injury issues he possibly could have carved out a solid career in the championship. 

Can't believe Eddie Forrest getting torn into, thought he was solid enough at our level, wouldn't have him with our current crop but at the time I liked him. 

Bobo put in some shifts over the years, absolutely immense when fully fit in some of the cup games especially.
Have to think if he didn't have his injury issues he possibly could have carved out a solid career in the championship. 

Can't believe Eddie Forrest getting torn into, thought he was solid enough at our level, wouldn't have him with our current crop but at the time I liked him. 

He would barely train then come back from a long injury and fit in seamlessly. Unfortunately could never be relied upon - I think he played a decent amount during one of our seasons in the championship.

From what I remember, Eddie Forrest was decent enough.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

From what I remember, Eddie Forrest was decent enough.

Yes, he did a good wee shift at the back. Certainly better than Alan lithgow (who wasn't bad either) or Gordon poop.

I've got one of the player worn shirts from Bobos testimonial. He was a good player but grew tired and out of place towards the end. In his day, one of the best in the league. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yes, he did a good wee shift at the back. Certainly better than Alan lithgow (who wasn't bad either) or Gordon poop.

I've got one of the player worn shirts from Bobos testimonial. He was a good player but grew tired and out of place towards the end. In his day, one of the best in the league. 

Mods, please. 

7 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Before the season started there, I had a look at the new Ayr home top and was underwhelmed with how simple it looked. So, being a man of Action and crazyness, I contacted a guy in Sweden to make me a one off Ayr shirt. Cost me £2 including delivery. Wanted Bodog logo on the front. Big bold badge and a sort of camouflage design. Here is the result.... 

It looks like a Cow, with a giant Ayr badge attached and a 'B for Bawbag' as the sponsor.

Please, do let me know what you think. :-) would love an opinion on the top before I go home. 

1531745289883_trimmed.png

Is that the Bebo logo? 

33 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

that the Bebo logo? 

It's very similar :-) it's meant to be the Bodog.com logo, I sent him a pic and that's the best the fella could do.

Did you have a Bebo account? 

Me neither.... 

Bodog on left, Bebo on right :-) 

DEXATI20180716212900.png

Edited by Roxanne's man