The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

35 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

That would be great. There's a debate that Dobbie is the best player in the league, each to their own ;-). I hope Shankland stays till the end of the season, often got the fear he goes to a Premier league team like St. Mirren or Livingston. 

No, there isnt

42 minutes ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

After that performance i fear that we will get relagated...

This is what Ayrfan1910 drank before he posted his last post.... 

I think he's behind that Bush spewing. 

DSC_0049_1.JPG

Edited by Roxanne's man

Big Jamie was a stand out and thought if he’d got a header on a free kick into SRE we’d have went mental. When mcguffie missed shankland went straight up to him and hugged him. It’s only the league cup but what Ayr team. 

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Looking forward to the highlights. This could be a really exciting team in the making. Young hungry team with pace in abundance, mixed with the experience of the likes of Geggan, Kerr Higgins etc.

Geggan was full of confidence. I listened to some roasters on the north terrace say we we were going to get pumped. All I I can say is gtrfuy

eta....was a pleasure seeing itzdrk. 

Edited by Waniche

1 minute ago, Waniche said:

Geggan was full of confidence. I listened to some roasters on the north terrace say we we were going to get pumped. All I I can say is gtrfuy

Harvie looked a million times better than Paddy Boyle IMO. The team came out in the second half and looked as if they enjoyed themselves. Geggan was terrific today :-) 

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Harvie looked a million times better than Paddy Boyle IMO. The team came out in the second half and looked as if they enjoyed themselves. Geggan was terrific today :-) 

Murdoch completely strolled it pal. What a player? I may be shot down in flames for saying it but Moore “fox in the box” should start before Moff. Kudos to Forrest for putting a bit of timber on, looked solid. 

Murdoch completely strolled it pal. What a player? I may be shot down in flames for saying it but Moore “fox in the box” should start before Moff. Kudos to Forrest for putting a bit of timber on, looked solid. 

Forrest a couple of times in the first half managed to bully players off the ball and win it back whilst also winning headers.

Still think we lose something when Moffat isn’t on the park. He’s so important especially when we’re counter attacking where he can turn quickly and spray passes through to McDaid or Shankland. He took a wee while to get into the game today but when he did he linked up very well with the big man up top.

There will be times when we’ll need to start Moore over him if we need to be more direct or he’s always likely to score coming off the bench against tired legs. Obviously he’s not signed a new contract without being guaranteed more starts so I’d expect him to start against either Albion or Stenny in the cup.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Forrest a couple of times in the first half managed to bully players off the ball and win it back whilst also winning headers.

Still think we lose something when Moffat isn’t on the park. He’s so important especially when we’re counter attacking where he can turn quickly and spray passes through to McDaid or Shankland. He took a wee while to get into the game today but when he did he linked up very well with the big man up top.

There will be times when we’ll need to start Moore over him if we need to be more direct or he’s always likely to score coming off the bench against tired legs. Obviously he’s not signed a new contract without being guaranteed more starts so I’d expect him to start against either Albion or Stenny in the cup.

Totally agreed. 

I would say that's the best I've seen Geggan play since 2017, was brilliant at RB today and good to see him back at full fitness after the horror injury spell with his calf where he clearly played half injured at times in the second half of last season.

7 minutes ago, Ayrfan1910 said:
1 hour ago, Roxanne said:
This is what Ayrfan1910 drank before he posted his last post.... 
I think he's behind that Bush spewing. 
DSC_0049_1.thumb.JPG.19ddd0594cbcdd12d586814c005c9288.JPG

That was just pre drinks should have seen the afters

Geez a shout next time :-) 

I'm certain I could handle a single bottle of WKD.... Maybe only half a bottle... 

Edited by Roxanne's man

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I would say that's the best I've seen Geggan play since 2017, was brilliant at RB today and good to see him back at full fitness after the horror injury spell with his calf where he clearly played half injured at times in the second half of last season.

Yeah, he was solid. Puts slightly to question why we signed Ferguson, when Geggan can play like that. Ayr could have used that money for the centre back Ian mentioned at the Q&A..

Yeah, he was solid. Puts slightly to question why we signed Ferguson, when Geggan can play like that. Ayr could have used that money for the centre back Ian mentioned at the Q&A..

Geggan will inevitably get injured and suspended so Ferguson will be useful later on.