The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Back in the day there were rumours that Eisenhower was friendly with one of the locals when he stayed at Culzean. 

Aye back in that day you’d probably walk up to Tryfield place and and buy a share for a shilling. 

Seems like the new AUMedia page is the place to go for live updates during the game as they will no longer be doing them on FB, but looks like you have to sign up for it first, at no cost though. Anyone done it yet?
Just did, I think it basicly gives you email updates of stats, was hoping for some kind of score notification because I work every 2nd weekend but can't moan when it's free.

3 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Aye back in that day you’d probably walk up to Tryfield place and and buy a share for a shilling. 

They're not worth much more now. I'm sure mine were valued at 20p each.

2 minutes ago, RedEd said:

They're not worth much more now. I'm sure mine were valued at 20p each.

I'll give you 21p

Now there is a thing - a share issue.

Pardon my ignorance if this has been done in the last couple of decades but would a share issue not raise some dosh?

Back in the day there were rumours that Eisenhower was friendly with one of the locals when he stayed at Culzean. 
Did Eisenhower stay at culzean? I was wondering earlier on if this was the first president to step foot in Ayrshire (or even Scotland). I did remember Bush at gleneagles but there cash be be too many more.

Did Eisenhower stay at culzean? I was wondering earlier on if this was the first president to step foot in Ayrshire (or even Scotland). I did remember Bush at gleneagles but there cash be be too many more.

Eisenhower stayed at Culzean and had the suite named after him. One of the items being auctioned off tonight was a nights stay in the suite.

12 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I'll give you 21p

Now there is a thing - a share issue.

Pardon my ignorance if this has been done in the last couple of decades but would a share issue not raise some dosh?

It was done in the early (I think) 90s. No guarantee it would make any decent amount of money, as far as I'm aware there was a significant amount of shares left unallocated. I'm sure the way the company is set up shareholders need board approval. 

Great auction night tonight , club raised on the night £10,145, well done to all who parted with cash tonight , massive well done to the guy who paid £2000 for the Eisenhower suite at Culzean stay , that total excludes the strip raffle money which I believe was about another £8000 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Great auction night tonight , club raised on the night £10,145, well done to all who parted with cash tonight , massive well done to the guy who paid £2000 for the Eisenhower suite at Culzean stay , that total excludes the strip raffle money which I believe was about another £8000 

:thumsup2

24 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

How much was the whisky bought for?

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was there anything else of interest from the Q&A or was that it?

Hopefully no stupid questions or people crying this time.

No, McCall had a pressing engagement at the Ubiquitous Chip in Glasgow's West End.

No, McCall had a pressing engagement at the Ubiquitous Chip in Glasgow's West End.

Did no one even think to ask what he was going to have for scran?

Bit flashy for oor Ian. Do they serve Special Brew there?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did no one even think to ask what he was going to have for scran?

Bit flashy for oor Ian. Do they serve Special Brew there?

I'm just raging he didn't go to my fucking oyster bar a mere hop and a skip away...