The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Yes, breaking a players legs purely for having the audacity to score against you would be hilarious. 

As I said previously wouldn’t want to wish that on anyone! Please disregard what this guy says we think he escaped from ailsa(mental hospital for those that don’t know)

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

As I said previously wouldn’t want to wish that on anyone! Please disregard what this guy says we think he escaped from ailsa(mental hospital for those that don’t know)

I actually worked there for a time during my training. I did say something, so it doesn't specifically have to be a leg break, which I presume would be painful. 

Dam Park though? I'm meant to be the mentally challenged one in this thread. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

If the two sides of the pitch were given the same sized stands as St Mirren for example, but we kept both ends as is, then I think that would be perfect for everyone and allows the choice to sit, or stand and properly celebrate goals in the traditional fashion. We must retain the big advantage of terracing behind each goals for atmosphere. Anyway let's start by staying in this league for a change!

Just now, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

If the two sides of the pitch were given the same sized stands as St Mirren for example, but we kept both ends as is, then I think that would be perfect for everyone and allows the choice to sit, or stand and properly celebrate goals in the traditional fashion. We must retain the big advantage of terracing behind each goals for atmosphere. Anyway let's start by staying in this league for a change!

Couldn't put it better myself.....

Coz I'm a idiot. 

I'll be heading to the SRE Facebook page if this shite keeps up much longer, you'd think we could have somewhere to post that doesn't end up with tumbleweed dominating the place.

9 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Thinking about it further maybe a small strip of terracing at the halfway line to allow 100 or so fans of each side to goad each other either side of a segregation fence.  We must retain our ground's  pleasing characteristics.

Why do away with the terracing at all ? I've seriously never understood the infatuation with needing a seat for 90 mins of football. It's nothing to do with "raising standards" or "coming out of the dark ages" etc, it's just that many people enjoy standing, walking around etc, as opposed to being stuck in the one spot on a seat for 90 mins. For our older patrons and those who choose to sit, then the Main Stand will always provide those "comforts"..............

Personally I spend my whole working week stuck in a chair in front of a PC, so standing at the football on a Saturday is a welcome relief !!

Why do away with the terracing at all ? I've seriously never understood the infatuation with needing a seat for 90 mins of football. It's nothing to do with "raising standards" or "coming out of the dark ages" etc, it's just that many people enjoy standing, walking around etc, as opposed to being stuck in the one spot on a seat for 90 mins. For our older patrons and those who choose to sit, then the Main Stand will always provide those "comforts"..............
Personally I spend my whole working week stuck in a chair in front of a PC, so standing at the football on a Saturday is a welcome relief !!
Did you give a no comment interview or burst like a ripe tomato?

3 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Did you give a no comment interview or burst like a ripe tomato?

Nope, you've lost me.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I totally agree, its why I sometimes choose to stand on the train home. Unfortunately fewer and fewer people enjoy standing, walking around etc! It's the health crisis that threatens this country.