The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Well, in theory, yes. Unfortunately this is Scotland and, despite the fact Ayr is 30 odd miles away from Glasgow, people would rather support an old firm team and keep themselves 'accepted' amongst others. A sort of Glory seeking to an extent. If people did get behind the Ayr team and Ayr had the crowd they should have, There would be a shit load of money. Better stadium, team and games. Unless we draw Celtic/Rangers at Somerset in a cup game.... There's got to be another way to get this team dosh. My mind will boggle on this tonight. 
Better stadium?

That's a worse shout than Mikey Donald. Do you drink heavily?

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Better stadium?

That's a worse shout than Mikey Donald. Do you drink heavily?

In theory. Yeah, a stadium that was fully seated and could hold 20000 fans. I love Somerset as much as the next fella but if we were getting the fan base we deserve, as opposed to losing it to the old firm, then a bigger stadium is a must. We can't get into the premier league with Somerset. Again, this is theoretical. 

1 hour ago, Honest_Ally said:

Gerry and Mikey were possibly the worst two players I've seen since McCall has been in charge.  Devlin is the only player that would get in our team now from our last time in the championship.

Greg Fleming? No? Surely he'd be welcomed back. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Greg Fleming? No? Surely he'd be welcomed back. 

If it wasn’t for his penalty record he’d have been hunted.

The Xmas eve game at home to Dumbarton when he flapped at all 3 goals being a particular sore point. 

Makes Jordan Hart look strong on crosses.

If it wasn’t for his penalty record he’d have been hunted.
The Xmas eve game at home to Dumbarton when he flapped at all 3 goals being a particular sore point. 
Makes Jordan Hart look strong on crosses.

Fleming was a good shot stopper within the box, but crosses and anything from any great distance he struggled.

46 minutes ago, Panda Pies said:

Does Roxanne's man:
a) have a carer
b) smoke a crack pipe
c) have an addiction to football manager
d) all of the above

You missed e) is Ally Morrison or his illegitimate child 

Sadly it is all towns and city's in scotland that have old firm fans not just ayr .Even Aberdeen have a fair share of old firm fans .only success will bring more punters through the door .12,000 at a semi final 1200 the following week says says it all . Maybe one day we will get back to the pl .But things are no doubt improving .Full time ,players like shsnkland ,crawford,mcdaid ,rose and murdoch .certainly gives us more of a chance than a part time paul cairney and mikey donald ever did .autid

5 hours ago, Honest_Ally said:

Gerry and Mikey were possibly the worst two players I've seen since McCall has been in charge.  Devlin is the only player that would get in our team now from our last time in the championship.

Are we forgetting Balatoni and McKenna. Fleming surely has to get the nod over someone who hasn’t played a senior game yet. Although he was shite last time around Harkins played last season and perhaps this season at a higher level than ourselves so I would take back providing he was played in the correct position. 

21 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Are we forgetting Balatoni and McKenna. Fleming surely has to get the nod over someone who hasn’t played a senior game yet. Although he was shite last time around Harkins played last season and perhaps this season at a higher level than ourselves so I would take back providing he was played in the correct position. 

When Harkins and Balatoni signed we were like rabbits caught in the headlights, especially on a small part time budget.........but by the end of the season we were like road kill. Harkins is a luxury player that we tried to play as a striker......a very lazy one. Balatoni either never seemed fully fit, carrying a knock or just couldn’t be bothered. 

Anyway why are we bringing up the past? A whole new season in front of us. The future is bright....the future is black and white.

(f) Must be a wind up (don’t bite)

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

I said earlier on the thread that I actually though Balatoni was decent and probably would’ve taken him back.

Fleming was competent in league 1  but couldn’t handle the championship, will Doohan fair any better ? Nobody knows yet.

15 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I said earlier on the thread that I actually though Balatoni was decent and probably would’ve taken him back.

Fleming was competent in league 1  but couldn’t handle the championship, will Doohan fair any better ? Nobody knows yet.

I actually thought Fleming looked ropey in the league below but played a lot better in the championship. Saved us in quite a few games despite the number of goals we conceded. We actually had a lot of good players in defence that season but having had little in front of them to assist and playing for a bottom of the league team makes it’s very hard to look competent 

4 hours ago, Panda Pies said:

Does Roxanne's man:
a) have a carer
b) smoke a crack pipe
c) have an addiction to football manager
d) all of the above

Right, so for stating the fucking obvious, I must have a carer, be on drugs and play a football game excessively? 

I don't know who Ally Morrison is, though on googling it, I found some wee teenage lookalike f**k pig who needs a shave. 

All I wanted to know is, How do I get money into this team?

Without selling my crack pipe, handing my computer into Cash Generator or pay off my carer.... 

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

A nice wee win to kick off the new season hopefully tomorrow.

Some good tunes played on the new sound system too!!!

Looking forward to seeing the squad - missed those lovely b*****ds!!!

Let's get off to a winner! Morton will be a good game. See how the new keeper does, hope he's good. 

46 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Right, so for stating the fucking obvious, I must have a carer, be on drugs and play a football game excessively? 

I don't know who Ally Morrison is, though on googling it, I found some wee teenage lookalike f**k pig who needs a shave. 

All I wanted to know is, How do I get money into this team?

Without selling my crack pipe, handing my computer into Cash Generator or pay off my carer.... 

Stating that Ayr United need a 20 fucking thousand seater stadium isn’t stating the obvious, it’s a cry for help.

27 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Stating that Ayr United need a 20 fucking thousand seater stadium isn’t stating the obvious, it’s a cry for help.

8000, 6000, 2500000, it doesn't matter we need a bigeer stadium. That's obvious. To get where Ayr should be. Killie ground holds 17899 (and it's a total shite hole) so 20 thousand isn't too ambitious. Again, would have to be up there with the bigger teams to fill it first. Just a theory. 

I couldn't understand why Bill Barr didn't f**k about with the stadium whilst he was chairman. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

8000, 6000, 2500000, it doesn't matter we need a bigeer stadium. That's obvious. To get where Ayr should be. 

We currently have a stadium that holds 10,000 people. There are only 5 clubs in the whole of Scottish football who average attendances more than that figure, why the hell do Ayr United need a bigger stadium?