The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Given that a few of the boys on the Pele podcast have confirmed that Scottish football is one big circuit and everyone knows everyone, I'd be astonished if players, particularly senior ones, aren't drawing attention to potential targets.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

You don't half talk a load of shite.

Just saying. The old firm make themselves out to be 'the best of scottish football' and with no keeper other than Hare-reid (who I think will do really well in the near future) I'm certain that an 'old firm' keeper would be good for Ayr. Could be the next Packie Bonner or Andy Goram.... I've went too far here haven't I. With all the awards in which Mcrorie has received as well.

16 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Was Jordan Hart not "trained" by one of the old firm?

Correct - proof if ever it was needed that simply being at Celtic u19's etc doesn't guarantee they will be a star!  He was on loan at Annan from Celtic before signing permanently after his release. 

Time will tell re: Doohan if it's him we sign.  I thought McCrorie looked the better of the 2 in the games I watched from Toulon although probably wasn't a huge amount in it.  The fact that he spent 6 months at Morton but didnt make the starting 11 once last season does worry me a bit though.

Edited by Hursty

3 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Thoughts on Jordan Hart? Signed for Queen's Park 

Hope winning the league gives him a confidence boost, no point giving my opinion of his time here, it's what he does in a QP strip that counts.

Good luck to him - on paper seems like the ideal place for him to get back on track, with less pressure. Still young but must be approaching nearly 100 first team games for Annan and Ayr and has a league winners medal.  

At league 2 level I reckon he will do pretty well. 

Edit to add - from memory one of his better games was away at QP last season in a 2-0 win. Had some good saves including a penalty and then the rebound

Edited by Hursty

30 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Queens Park will feature in my coupon a lot this season. Has some very good points but shouldn’t be playing senior football until he can work out how to command his box properly. Not sure whether this just started last season but a lot of his good work was wasted as couldn’t do the absolute basics 

55 minutes ago, Hursty said:

At league 2 level I reckon he will do pretty well. 

Yeah, he played first team for Annan athletic a few times before he was signed for Ayr. I think he could progress well at qp. 

46 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Has some very good points but shouldn’t be playing senior football until he can work out how to command his box properly.

A problem I noticed too. You think that maybe as a young lad, nerves get the better of you? He never commanded anything from the back, should be squaking at his team what to do. Hampden every week might be good for him. 

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Brownlie? What did Brownlie do to upset you?

He was absolutely shite, didn’t ever look like he was putting in any effort. Also done an interview with one of the papers while still playing for us wishing he had signed for Partick reserves or something alongbthey lines. The only player that I’ve ever heard getting booed while still playing for the club. 

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Jordan Hart was brought into the club two years ago to be back up to Greg Fleming in the championship. IIRC he was POTY at Annan the previous season, I know the Annan fans really rated him. 

He didn’t play at all that season which at his age and stage in career probably wasn’t great but when we announced going FT last season Greg Fleming moved on and he became our number 1.

His debut was against Kilmarnock where he kept a clean sheet although I can’t remeber him having much to do at all. Kilmarnock were dug meat that night. In the league he looked ok until a few high profile mistakes, most noticeably away to Raith Rovers and at home to Arbroath dented his confidence. We eventually brought in Jack Ruddy, a loanee from Wolves who became our number 1. He turned out to be just as bad, if not worse than Jordan Hart. Towards the end of the season Jordan managed to get back into the team and to be fair to him didn’t put a foot wrong. There was talk that McCall wanted to keep him this season as back up but Hart didn’t want to stay, think he was pissed off at McCall dropping him and wanted to go and be a number 1 somewhere.

Good luck to him, I hope he does well for you guys. There’s clearly a good keeper in there somewhere. 

Jordan Hart was brought into the club two years ago to be back up to Greg Fleming in the championship. IIRC he was POTY at Annan the previous season, I know the Annan fans really rated him. 
He didn’t play at all that season which at his age and stage in career probably wasn’t great but when we announced going FT last season Greg Fleming moved on and he became our number 1.
His debut was against Kilmarnock where he kept a clean sheet although I can’t remeber him having much to do at all. Kilmarnock were dug meat that night. In the league he looked ok until a few high profile mistakes, most noticeably away to Raith Rovers and at home to Arbroath dented his confidence. We eventually brought in Jack Ruddy, a loanee from Wolves who became our number 1. He turned out to be just as bad, if not worse than Jordan Hart. Towards the end of the season Jordan managed to get back into the team and to be fair to him didn’t put a foot wrong. There was talk that McCall wanted to keep him this season as back up but Hart didn’t want to stay, think he was pissed off at McCall dropping him and wanted to go and be a number 1 somewhere.
Good luck to him, I hope he does well for you guys. There’s clearly a good keeper in there somewhere. 

All true apart from the fact he played 90 minutes and kept a clean sheet against Edinburgh City in the League Cup and he also came on against Raith in the last game of the season.

Apologies for being so picky.

Just as we were talking earlier about players that previously played for the Ayr team, Ross Caldwell is playing for Blantyre Victoria. Aye, fair doo he wasn't the best player but I always thought he'd be a player for league 2, to improve over time. 

I await the slating of my opinion.... 

Just as we were talking earlier about players that previously played for the Ayr team, Ross Caldwell is playing for Blantyre Victoria. Aye, fair doo he wasn't the best player but I always thought he'd be a player for league 2, to improve over time. 
I await the slating of my opinion.... 

I actually thought he was decent. Definitely League 1 level imo and did well for us in the few appearances he made.

Think he just unhappy at not being first choice striker.