The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Panda Pies said:
11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
I rest my case. Going into the season with no cover for fullback. Nice. 
Dreading the season ahead. 

Ffs calm doon hen.

So your not concerned at the fact that if Geggan/Harvie get injured then we are up shite creek? 

So your not concerned at the fact that if Geggan/Harvie get injured then we are up shite creek? 
Have a point but there's plenty of time yet, 1 month today until the league starts. I know it would be nice to have full squad for the league cup but if we don't get through the group it isn't the end of the world.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Doesn’t seem like Ferguson featured going by AU Media updates. I can only assume he’s got sick of waiting or McCall has said the club can’t afford to offer him anything. Dearie me. 

That's when the shit starts

Tbh Ferguson at this stage in his career needs to be playing every week to develop and turn into as good a player as possible. He knows this and I think if he stayed at Ayr he wouldn't be playing every week and he probably knew that.

I'd hope we will be offering Murdoch something soon - McCall said after the Forfar game I think it was that he wanted stuff tied up on Thursday or Friday - thats obviously passed now and the guy isnt gonna hang around forever.  

Any word if Bell or Kerr are back yet? They can't be fit going into next week if they havent done a pre season

38 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’d much rather see Finn Ecrepont get a run than David Ferguson .

We’re hardly going in with no fullbacks.

much rather we spent the budget on a keeper.

For f**k sake mate. Have a look around and you'll find you're the only one acting like this.

I've seen many a great pre season turn to shit and vice versa. McCall is trying to build the best squad he can. He's not stupid, and he knows the game in Scotland very well.

The Betfred cup is a bonus if it goes well. Plenty of teams treat it as pre season. I hope we hit the ground running but there's absolutely no reason to be dreading this season.

I've got to ask, Did Ayr get any money for winning the league there? I ask as I'm a now and again player of football manager and if you win a league, you usually get more money to spend on the coming season. 

Mccall has apparently a good relationship with Lachlan Cameron and I'm certain the situation isn't as bad as it seems, players will come. Though, it's not as easy as just signing 'freebies' as the wage bill must be ginormous if he's struggling to sign those trialists. 

Losing David Ferguson isn't the end of any hopes of Survival. Finn Ecrepont will play for the badge, as Ayr is a team he has supported his whole life and I'd love to see the Manager give him a bash. 

What happend to David Crawford? He was a semi-decent Goalie, can't be that old now either :-/

Edited by Roxanne's man

33 minutes ago, brigbar said:

I hear Bell and Kerr are two weeks away yet , but they'll both fit back in well when ready .

McCall said both were on holiday and should be ok for Morton game in an interview last week !!! Don’t know what gone wrong with them since then ? They trained before going away