The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

McCall has potentially made a royal arse of this. Put all his eggs in the one basket and when the shit hits the fan he’s left scrambling around last minute for a keeper. 

This and the whole “not sure if we have the money to sign Murdoch/Ferguson is nothing short of a shambles. 

Being somewhat over dramatic there IMO.  A quick look at the other teams threads accross the leagues and just about every team still seem to be short of a couple of players according to their fans.  It's 8 days until the League Cup (which in the absence of Killie in the group this year for me is basically just a set of 'competitive warm up games) starts and more than 4 weeks until the properly important stuff starts, far too early to be claiming 'shambles' etc.  

At least no one has started panicking yet.

McCall saying that he’s unsure whether we’ll be able to sign a player or not isn’t a shambles. It’s part and parcel of football at this level. He said early on that we would be penny pinching this season and most of our budget has gone to keeping last seasons players which I’ve no issue with.

Our first game isn’t for another week so there’s no reason to be worried.

As I've said, this is all just speculation on our part, maybe there's no issue with a keeper signing and maybe it's just us creating a crisis when there is none.

We'll all know soon enough, one way or another...............

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Being somewhat over dramatic there IMO.  A quick look at the other teams threads accross the leagues and just about every team still seem to be short of a couple of players according to their fans.  It's 8 days until the League Cup (which in the absence of Killie in the group this year for me is basically just a set of 'competitive warm up games) starts and more than 4 weeks until the properly important stuff starts, far too early to be claiming 'shambles' etc.  

It’s not so much the fact that we were still short. If I knew that we were guaranteed to sign another 3 or 4 players then I’d be fine. It’s the fact that McCall still doesn’t seem to know whether the budget will stretch to allow him to get new faces in. This should have been knowing weeks and weeks ago when budget talks first took place. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

At least no one has started panicking yet.

McCall saying that he’s unsure whether we’ll be able to sign a player or not isn’t a shambles. It’s part and parcel of football at this level. He said early on that we would be penny pinching this season and most of our budget has gone to keeping last seasons players which I’ve no issue with.

Our first game isn’t for another week so there’s no reason to be worried.

We have let 5 players go and replaced them with one. Willing to accept the two youngsters rarely featured. We had a small squad last season and struggled with injuries and the squad is even smaller this year. 

Unless we sign 3 or 4 players pronto then 9th is the best we can hope for. 

We have let 5 players go and replaced them with one. Willing to accept the two youngsters rarely featured. We had a small squad last season and struggled with injuries and the squad is even smaller this year. 
Unless we sign 3 or 4 players pronto then 9th is the best we can hope for. 

I have no reason to think that Murdoch, Ferguson and a goalie won’t sign.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Why haven’t they already then? 

Goalkeeper is priority, and he is waiting on that first before splurging cash on Murdoch and Ferguson, in case the keeper in mind falls through and he needs to spend more cash than expected on him. Fairly straightforward - although I do agree though that it gets to a point where you have to move on from the original target and get someone else.

Why haven’t they already then? 

It’s already been mentioned.

There’s clearly a hold up with McCrorie on Rangers end. Either they’re trying to get us contribute more to his wages or they are dragging their heels to see him in pre-season.

With our budget we can only pay so much for him whilst also being able to get Ferguson and Murdoch.

Might sound stupid but I trust McCall to get the keeper he wants whilst also being able to get Ferguson and Murdoch.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s already been mentioned.

There’s clearly a hold up with McCrorie on Rangers end. Either they’re trying to get us contribute more to his wages or they are dragging their heels to see him in pre-season.

With our budget we can only pay so much for him whilst also being able to get Ferguson and Murdoch.

Might sound stupid but I trust McCall to get the keeper he wants whilst also being able to get Ferguson and Murdoch.

On the bright side as the weeks go on, the unspent budget then rolls over meaning we can offer higher wages with the additional under spend.

6 minutes ago, brigbar said:

If McCrorie plays tonight I think we can forget him (unless he has stinker), I would like to think we have another goalie in mind .

The media haven't mentioned him at all when talking about the 3 keepers in contention for the gloves at Rangers this year. Seems to me that he's currently 4th choice there unless one of them is moved on.