The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just dropping in to say that Daniel Harvie is a superb signing for you boys. I thought he'd stroll into a team like Thistle, Falkirk or maybe even a lower-half Premiership side like Hamilton or Livi. Two-year deal looks like a very clever bit of business too.

3 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Just dropping in to say that Daniel Harvie is a superb signing for you boys. I thought he'd stroll into a team like Thistle, Falkirk or maybe even a lower-half Premiership side like Hamilton or Livi. Two-year deal looks like a very clever bit of business too.

Aye, but what you having for your dinner mate?

AP says deal for keeper expected within days. Also mentions McCall’s still hopeful of re-signing David Ferguson. No mention of a CB/CM.

Been pretty busy tonight so just about to sit down to two rolls and fish fingers. One of life’s simple pleasures. 

So if McCrorie is in for Saturday, I’d expect a lineup like:

McCrorie

Geggan Rose Bell Harvie

McGuffie Crawford Kerr McDaid

Moore Shankland

Subs- Hare-Reid, Higgins, Ecrepont, Adams, Docherty, Faulds, Forrest, McCowan, Murphy, Hilton, Moffat 

McCrorie
Geggan Rose Bell Harvie
Moore Shankland
Subs- Hare-Reid, Higgins, Ecrepont, Adams, Docherty, Faulds, Forrest, McCowan, Murphy, Hilton, Moffat 
Don't think Docherty and Higgins will be in contention for selection until after the Betfred Cup if I remember rightly from what McCall said in the last interview.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:
3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:
McCrorie
Geggan Rose Bell Harvie
Moore Shankland

Don't think Docherty and Higgins will be in contention for selection until after the Betfred Cup if I remember rightly from what McCall said in the last interview.

Aye that’s why I never had them staring, plus I can see him telling Adams to have the game off with it being Astro and having the Stranraer game days later. Maybe see 1 or 2 more from the 20s squad.

Anyone know if this Andy Murdoch deal is actually possibly happening or not?, was hoping for a McCall interview today which might have given us a hint but doesn't look like it.

Not going to Forfar but contemplating going to Stranraer.

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Anyone know if this Andy Murdoch deal is actually possibly happening or not?, was hoping for a McCall interview today which might have given us a hint but doesn't look like it.

Leaks like that usually happen because the agent is trying to get his clients name out, it's not like Ayr are going to leak realistic signing targets out because other clubs might jump in. The signing might still happen but I wouldn't expect McCall to be shouting about it. 

47 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Seems a strange one. Out of the blue we are the front runners to sign him! Was it mentioned anywhere previous to the bit in the Record?

58 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Seems a strange one. Out of the blue we are the front runners to sign him! Was it mentioned anywhere previous to the bit in the Record?

Not as far as i'm aware, would have thought he'd have been mentioned in the Ayrshire Post if it was close to happening

9 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Probably because he was training with us last week.