The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Well sounds like I was not far off Jaffo, and the rest of you , moneys not there to increase the squad from last year, after listening to McCall I hope the full back i.e. Marshall and not Harvie both similar but Marshall the best defensively which we will need. The boy Harvie  seem him a few times when at Dumbarton, decent going forward but defensively big questions, why do you think Dumbarton didn't go back for him
I think we need a quality keeper and a big dominant centre half to last years squad to have any chance of competing.

Who cares why Dumbarton didn't go back in for him, they are a part time club in a lower league I'm sure the lad wants to stay in full time football for dare I say it a bigger club!

I'm always reading that we need a 'dominant centre half' to compete.  What does that even mean? It's such a generic term.  I take it to mean a big lad that challenges for everything in the air - like Mark and Martyn Campbell maybe. Does everyone else in this league have one that their fans all love? Doesnt look like it.

i.e. Marshall and not Harvie both similar but Marshall the best defensively which we will need.

I don't know anything about Harvie but if Marshall is better defensively it doesn't say much about him (Harvie). Marshall wasn't the greatest defensively. His positioning at times was borderline woeful. He'd never back out of a tackle though.

He has great energy and gets up and down but his final ball is very similar to his positioning: woeful.

He was highly thought of by the majority of our support but for me he's the most over-rated player we've had in years. I think he was 'decent' at best, far from spectacular. His biggest asset was his consistency. I think the fact he hasn't been snapped up quickly speaks volumes and the only club he's been linked with is one that would result in a side-step move.

(Watch St Johnstone or Dundee sign him now)

I don't know anything about Harvie but if Marshall is better defensively it doesn't say much about him (Harvie). Marshall wasn't the greatest defensively. His positioning at times was borderline woeful. He'd never back out of a tackle though.

He has great energy and gets up and down but his final ball is very similar to his positioning: woeful.

He was highly thought of by the majority of our support but for me he's the most over-rated player we've had in years. I think he was 'decent' at best, far from spectacular. His biggest asset was his consistency. I think the fact he hasn't been snapped up quickly speaks volumes and the only club he's been linked with is one that would result in a side-step move.

The guy you quoted doesn’t have a clue and I would be amazed if he had ever seen Marshall. He is most likely basing his opinion on Harvie on seeing him play against us once when he was seventeen.

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Talking about QOS left backs, what ever happened to Bob Harris? 

Always looked a great player then seemed to disappear after a couple of bad spells in England.

Aye it doesn't appear to have went smoothly for him down south. Looking at it Sheffield United seems to be where he had his best spell but he's been passed around a bit.

We sometimes get the odd rumour he's coming back (always the case whenever a decent player leaves us!) but it appears he's at AFC Telford just now.

25 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

Think it is Danny Graham under 17’s keeper and sub for the under 20’s last year.

Think it's Calum Paterson, must be getting announced on loan later today.

Is Jamie Martin not the tiny guy (my height [emoji5])  in the u20s. 

I’ve no idea. I read somewhere that Jamie Martin from the u20s was going to be training with the first team from now on so I presumed that was him.

The boy Harvie  seem him a few times when at Dumbarton, decent going forward but defensively big questions, why do you think Dumbarton didn't go back for him

Fake news.

We didn't get him back because McInness wanted to keep him for backup at Aberdeen. Aberdeen offered him another contract this season and he rejected it in order to find first team opportunities elsewhere.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think Marshall will end up at a lower non league club in the North of England near his home. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH