The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Definitely sounds like Daniel Harvie that we’re after for left back

Asked the Dumbarton fans  what they thought of Daniel Harvie last week and here was the response I got.

Harvie would be an outstanding signing for you lot. No offence intended but I'd imagine he could get himself a more established Championship side”

As already said us having Rose and Shankland putting in could words could help us. Even although he was playing for Aberdeen I think he’s from Glasgow so location shouldn’t be an issue. 

Asked the Dumbarton fans  what they thought of Daniel Harvie last week and here was the response I got.
”Harvie would be an outstanding signing for you lot. No offence intended but I'd imagine he could get himself a more established Championship side”

As already said us having Rose and Shankland putting in could words could help us. Even although he was playing for Aberdeen I think he’s from Glasgow so location shouldn’t be an issue. 

Also McInnes might put in a good word since he’s pals with McCall.

Well sounds like I was not far off Jaffo, and the rest of you , moneys not there to increase the squad from last year, after listening to McCall I hope the full back i.e. Marshall and not Harvie both similar but Marshall the best defensively which we will need. The boy Harvie  seem him a few times when at Dumbarton, decent going forward but defensively big questions, why do you think Dumbarton didn't go back for him

I think we need a quality keeper and a big dominant centre half to last years squad to have any chance of competing.

Not necessarily. I live in Aberdeen and I read something that basically said the loan spell focussed McKenna and he realised he hadn’t been working hard enough. Basically we can take the credit for him becoming Scotland captain!

We look to be running with a small squad again this season so a question for those that watch the youth games. Are any of the Faulds/Murphy group that were training full time last season ready to step up incase of injuries? 

9 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Well sounds like I was not far off Jaffo, and the rest of you , moneys not there to increase the squad from last year, after listening to McCall I hope the full back i.e. Marshall and not Harvie both similar but Marshall the best defensively which we will need. The boy Harvie  seem him a few times when at Dumbarton, decent going forward but defensively big questions, why do you think Dumbarton didn't go back for him

I think we need a quality keeper and a big dominant centre half to last years squad to have any chance of competing.

How do you know that Dumbarton aren’t or havent been interested in Daniel Harvie? 

Someone said on SRE about us being interested in Harvie and first comment was that Ally Morrison saying that he's the one who suggested Harvie [emoji23]

Aye didn’t you hear? McCall was on the SRE and offered him a job as head scout.

8 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I just can’t see how we can expect to play such attacking football and have a chance without adding some serious quality to our defence.  

Interesting to see McDaid talking about making the promotion playoffs on au media. Shankland of similar mind on the BBC here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44501572

Hopefully no reality check in store.

In all honesty it’s refreshing to hear that after being told we were aiming for 8th or 9th the past few seasons after promotion. If we finish 8th then fine but at least the players and management are aiming to do as well as possible.

16 minutes ago, Iain said:

Interesting to see McDaid talking about making the promotion playoffs on au media. Shankland of similar mind on the BBC here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44501572

Hopefully no reality check in store.

Heartened by Shankland's excessive use of "We" and "We're" in  that  article.