The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yassss.  You've basically just promised us brilliant news.  

Haha, not quite. No doubt nothing will happen. The wording from a friend suggested something could be a possibility, but no formalities had been concluded.

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Plenty of options for McCall to expand his ex Pars colony if there's any room in the budget. As well as Talbot there's Nat Wedderburn, J Y M'Voto, Joe Cardle needing a club. 

Michael Paton as well.

1 minute ago, Hazbart said:

Right up our street 

Big Wedderburn or M'Voto would add a bit of steel to any team in this league (if the aim is to do okay, not win it). Wedderburn would have the odd game where he looked slow and out of his depth but more often he'd cruise through games, flattening anything in his path. Proper cult hero type player. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wouldn’t say no to M’Voto or Talbot. Don’t think Wedderburn is the type of midfielder we need.

Wouldn’t take Paton or Cardle.

At this stage I don't think were in the position to be fussy.

At this stage I don't think were in the position to be fussy.

Think we can do better than a constantly injured Paton or an over the hill Cardle.

Here’s hoping McDaid signs and we don’t need to consider signing either of them.

38 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Plenty of options for McCall to expand his ex Pars colony if there's any room in the budget. As well as Talbot there's Nat Wedderburn, J Y M'Voto, Joe Cardle needing a club. 

Only Talbot fits our needs. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Big Monsieur M'Voto doesn't like your tone. He can no longer guarantee your safety.

CBPB1271_3162.jpg

I'd probably take him but we will only get a left back and goalkeeper in.  

My safety is however guaranteed...

DX_kT65XcAEW-6l.jpg.066b02b56c9ce11da2649c037e4779bd.jpg

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

We do need a Centre Half so I'm all for it.

Rovers fans were telling us he'd be disastrous yet we had the best defensive record in the league last season and he barely put a foot wrong when called upon. 

I don't know why there's all this panic, we've re-signed almost our entire squad from last year (which I for one, do think are good enough to at least survive) and we're actively on the trail of a Left Back and Keeper which are the only 2 major requirements to complete our squad.

Obviously much depends on whether McDaid returns, however if he doesn't then I'm pretty sure we'll be adding at least one more midfielder and also a CH or utility type defender.

Ultimately,  our squad is already pretty close to the finished article and what's more, the players don't need "bedding in" as they're all well aware of each others games, both on on the pitch and also their characters within the dressing room, which is another positive which often gets taken for granted or overlooked. 

Don't worry, things are good..............

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I don't know why there's all this panic, we've re-signed almost our entire squad from last year (which I for one, do think are good enough to at least survive) and we're actively on the trail of a Left Back and Keeper which are the only 2 major requirements to complete our squad.

Obviously much depends on whether McDaid returns, however if he doesn't then I'm pretty sure we'll be adding at least one more midfielder and also a CH or utility type defender.

Ultimately,  our squad is already pretty close to the finished article and what's more, the players don't need "bedding in" as they're all well aware of each others games, both on on the pitch and also their characters within the dressing room, which is another positive which often gets taken for granted or overlooked. 

Don't worry, things are good..............

How would McDaid staying or leaving have any impact on whether we sign a defender? :huh: